Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Beer / Singaporean discipline / Fighting zombies

Note: LJ Rent characters blogquiz, by Muffy.

Over dinner at the townhouse, the six of us talked about various topics. Jon's tried Half-Baked ice cream before, but had a scoop of it anyhow. Terrence really likes it, so that explains why there wasn't much left in the container! He told us about what he knows of his two-year army duty and regime: the government now discourages people going overseas before the duty because they're afraid the people are going to run. ($75,000 is a huge insurance deposit!) Apparently, doctor types are allowed to serve two years in hospitals instead of the army / air force / navy... that trade-off doesn't sound too bad to me, but then I don't know what it's really like, so I can't say.

My brother bought some Double Chocolate Stout (only $4), so we discussed that / Guinness / Kilkenny for a while. Mom and Dad think he shouldn't spend so much on beer because he's a student / musician... he laughed it off, heh. I tried some, and it was pretty good. Terrence doesn't drink alcohol because of personal reasons, but he's been known to accidentally tip beer cans over into the plants when his old housemates and friends offered it to him at house parties! We had some Viva Java coffee with Kahlua and honey: that was pretty good too!

Terrence said that discipline for crimes such as rape and molestation in Singapore are pretty harsh: those whippings / canings strike RIGHT where it hurts! Of course, they have doctors look the wound over, and if you're okay medically, they'll strike you again: that means no more babies because a certain nerve gets broken somehow! I was intrigued by this, haha... Singapore's minister wrote to some North American politico that his country was well-run even if freedom of speech was sacrificed a little. Then my sister made fun of me, and sang Christmas carols to me. I wanted to throw a coaster at her head, but of course I refrained. (if it were over MSN, I'd just type " *throws coaster at your head* " or something!)

Before I left, I looked around in my brother's room. He had a book called Premium Beer Drinker's Guide: The World's Strongest, Boldest, and Most Unusual Beers... the author is apparently one of the world's foremost beer experts! Interesting reading, to be sure...

Now I'm home: Jen messaged me about my blog address, which I gave her. Terrence is back from his Singaporean friend Sarah's house, and messaged me about blogging. Then it just so happened that Corey and I were fighting zombies at the same time: his was conjured up by a Necromancer, though. Wish I could get better weapons in this particular dungeon, however! :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home