Sunday, April 02, 2006

Dislocated elbows, security in the closet, the ultimate price, and SkyFlakes crackers

Certain things take way too long, but nothing I can do about it. At least I'm home now, where I don't have to interact with anyone... and I can actually get some work done! My mom and grandma made comments about how I should sleep earlier, but I'm a night person! Sure, I make certain sacrifices... but I like the darkness. No, I'm not a gothic vampire... the sun is nice, too. It's just that the dark is good. :D (my sister feels old because she goes to bed before our parents do... but she gets up early to bus to work) I might spend some time with my grandma this week: I vetoed tomorrow, so maybe later at my discretion. :D

Writing birthday cards is one of the ways I stay awake during service.. bad, but whatever works. I gave out four today: Phil thanked me, Helen thanked me on her and her son's behalf ("You always remember!") and Michelle thanked me on her husband's behalf too. (I'd seen Daniel around earlier, but everyone's always rushing to get places on Sunday!) Then Steph joked that Michelle's birthday was on the 25th, but she knew that it was really five days earlier, thanks to me. I talked to Jen, Sheena, Mike, Christon, and a few other people about our weeks and how tired / grumpy we were because of the time change! (the babies and little kids were really feeling it!) Steph asked Mike when his birthday was: I was so braindead that I was only able to supply the month, September. He told her that it was Sept. 26, which I remembered just now. (Danielle, Steph, Vanessa, Karen, Melia, and others were trying to get plans made for a small group outing on Friday: improv at Granville Island sounds fun, but nobody wants to spend money!)

From there, I was off to help with the toddler class. I learned that the girl who was crying so much last week had actually dislocated her elbow somehow whilst playing with the toys last week, and we didn't know! Not that there was anything we could have done about it... we just thought she really wanted her mom or grandma! There were two new kids today: one of them actually has the same Chinese and English name as little Sean! (his brother's name is Conor... first Chinese kid I've heard of with that name!) Speaking of little Sean, he feels more secure in the closet for some reason. No wonder he's always fussing and crying when we close the closet doors after playtime is over when storytime begins. Sorry, little dude buddy... I'm not letting you in the closet! (if I were cruel, I'd make a "gay" joke about the kid finding security in the closet, but he's 2 or 3 at the most... and he's raised in the ways of the CHURCH! :P)

After that, I asked Jason how it had gone yesterday at Awana: it turns out that he had stayed home as well, to study and get good grades BEFORE playing games! (that's what Andrew T. told me that HE did too, heh) Those kids and teens are always good for cheer, heh. Julie, Winnie, and Elaine said that my sister had told them what THE ULTIMATE PRICE was: I'm not surprised. (let's just say it's something she made up years ago for sibling use, and it has something to do with the butt :P) My sister also said that she'd shown them her scars from me... man, oh man. Those were the days when I used to bug / bully my sister: hey, it's a sibling's job to do so. ;) (Jon and I also used to sit on her, haha!) I also learned that my parents will be gone for two weeks in June since my brother's graduating... they're going on a New York bus tour too, so that's going to be good!

At lunch, Vania's mom also finally gave me the crackers she'd promised me: SkyFlake crackers are good, dude! I also learned that Lily and Lee had a baby girl (Hannah?) on Friday. For some reason, that reminds me of asking Rosenda when her birthday is. However, I barely even see her since I sit up front on Sundays, and she's in the back with the rest of the babies and their parents. (makes sense, since she has little Ian to tend to!) Maybe sometime later, heh. On the way home, we learned that Anaheim had defeated the Canucks 6-2: that's bad when it's a team we're competing against for points, especially when they score two goals 12 seconds apart! Now, to get some work done! :D

My mom also tried saying that I was cruel for some reason or other. What actually came out of her mouth: "You're so cool." Oh man. The snarkiness of her original meaning aside, that's not good anyhow. :P

Picture of SkyFlakes crackers:

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home