Monday, March 13, 2006

The Edit Tags button and the Tags Management Page work for me again!

Autosave has rescued me once again. :D

Yay! I can use the "Edit Tags" button again! Before, it would give me an error message telling me that my journal was invalid... WTF?! I tried Support with little luck, since my computer clock was not out of sync. (maybe if I'd been using my sister's laptop, which is permanently on Toronto time for some reason) So then I chilled on it for a while, and then I decided just now to try it again since I have a fast connection now... it works! But never fear, I won't be inflicting extremely long tag lists on you unless I seriously feel like doing so... I think those days of 2005 are long over! (yes, there are pre-2005 entries with tag lists longer than some of your entries, but I tagged them all in 2005 :P)

On a related note, I can also manage my tags via the Manage Tags page once again also. It used to just give me a bunch of HTML no matter how much I refreshed the page, even though I knew (as with the Edit Tags button feature) that it had worked in the past. That's a good thing since I need to delete tags with 0 uses, as well as various misspelled tags I've accumulated. So I went to my tags page, and started opening the "0 uses" tags just in case they were really used once or something on private entries. I wondered why certain entries showed up all the time, but then I remembered that those entries HAD been filtered from Chris Sykes. When he unfriended me (oh, happy day!), I edited most of those entries to friends-only and deleted the two "non-Chris" filters. I didn't realize that the tags for those entries would count as not being used in the tags page, but I do now! I'm an OCDL, and know that there are some "0 uses" tags that truly haven't been used, so I want to delete those rather than the ones on those other entries. :P

I've also incidentally discovered that the maximum number of tabs you can have VISIBLY open in Firefox is 40. If you have more than 40 tabs, the extras DO open... but they're in the background and you can't see them until you delete the overage.

Back to the grind, then... :D


Hockey-related news: The Canucks lost 4-2 to the Dallas Stars (and we'll probably lose to Nashville tomorrow), and hockey great Boom Boom Geoffrion has died. :(

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home