Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Everything is closed today! / Downtown plans / How I should improve in 2006

I called my mom this morning, and she insisted that she'd called Melissa yesterday even though it didn't register on her cell phone. Most weird... she also said that Terrence had called her, and we might get together on Thursday. Steph apparently suggested that Mel and I go to the Foggy Dew Irish Pub near my place to watch the hockey games... that might be fine if the games today were actually interesting, and if Mom didn't call Foggy Dew "Fogg n'Sudds" to me! (hahahaha...) Then again, Dad is cutting short his Hong Kong trip by two days to be home tomorrow... I wonder what his reaction will be if I characterize Candy's hockey books as the best gift of the year. It's not about the money, it's about the thought involved! ;)

Melissa and I tried going out later to see things in Richmond, but the stuff we wanted to see was closed today since Christmas was on the weekend. We did walk around the Richmond library, which has changed a lot since the last time I was there. (I should really get around to paying things there, heh) At least we had lunch at White Spot, and went to an ATM so she could change her $50 bills to $20 bills! We passed Shanghai Wind, and I told her about that... there was a Dollar Max nearby, so she told me that she thought of my mom every time she saw a dollar store. Heh, I wouldn't be surprised!

When we got home, I found that Jon had emailed us about tomorrow: his plans are better than my mom's, which consist of taking Melissa to the townhouse by 5-ish tomorrow before they go to the Canucks-Predators hockey game. Since he's planning to go downtown tomorrow and do stuff, it works with Mel's plan of meeting her local friend at his coffee shop workplace. Apparently, Mom got a new cell phone.. that works with Melissa not doing the whole long-distance thing, heh. So we'll see what happens tomorrow: meeting up in the actual area before the game works for us, and doesn't have the stamp of HORROR all over it. ;)



How Leslie should improve for 2006:


QuizGalaxy.com!


Watch all the Futurama you can, then quote it at random


Take this quiz at QuizGalaxy.com


Oh, and apparently Melissa should "read something other than the tabloids." Haha.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home