Saturday, October 01, 2005

"Bl-bl-bl-bl" could be GWAR or Jar-Jar Binks!

Eric called me at 7 to ask if I needed a ride to Fellowship, so I asked whether he got the message I'd left on his cell a while before that... his battery had apparently died, so it was a good thing he called! On the way to church, we listened to the pre-season hockey game and discussed what had happened this week in a bit more detail... online talking can't compare to the real thing, heh. ;)

When we got to church late, we had just sat down when our group split off from everyone else.. but I *did* see Christon, which was a pleasant surprise! Hopefully, I see him on Sunday so I can wish him a happy birthday before he goes back to Edmonton for a couple more months of co-op. Just before Bible Study started, I gave Helen a birthday card for Lauren, and two bags of stuff for herself and her soon-to-be-born baby: baby card, birthday card for November, a pretty binder, a photo album, a Bathroom Reader, various baby frames, and a purse. Since I'll probably be moving pretty soon, I might as well downsize and get rid of this stuff so I don't have to move it... but she did appreciate it. Hey, she said I was so sweet for doing that... :D

Our Bible Study group got sidetracked onto the topics of cleaning the toilet / toilet brushes, and turning your underwear inside out to wear again... ewww! I think Andy and I are okay with each other now after what happened a few weeks ago, and that's good.. his brand of humor can certainly be interesting! After we finished, the new girl Teresa asked some oddball questions of us: whether we were married, single, going out, etc. (I told Eric about it later, and he remembers when Maisie asked the two of us whether we were going out!) Erin, Phil, Eric, and Jeremy discussed electronic gadgets and SLB pictures... Nathan was at the hockey game, and will be at the film festival tomorrow: four films in one day, oh my!

Helen opened her presents from me, and hugged me in thanks: the book was a good gift since the pressure from the baby is too much sometimes, and makes her go to the bathroom a LOT. :P It's too bad that I can't make her baby shower, but it's all good... we can celebrate later, perhaps! I told Helen and Frances (as well as my group) the news of this past week: they'd seen it on the news, actually! After a while of discussing gadgets / the church garage sale tomorrow / pictures / where we should go eat (Milestones / iCafé [a Hong Kong-style café near Daimasu] / Cactus Club / Earls), we went outside... man, it was COLD! My sister's group had gone out in smaller groups, and had just returned to the church when we went outside. She called it good timing, but then didn't want to eat with us... luckily, Sam could give her a very quick ride home because he had to hold off on going to the bathroom! (Lesley had locked up the church by then) I quickly asked him whether he could give me a ride tomorrow to Awana, and he said that he should be back in town by 2:30-ish... I'll definitely be giving him a call then!

At the iCafé, I entertained Jeremy with my brother's Pho stories while everyone else discussed hockey / baseball / Michelle Wie and golf. Eric asked if he could borrow some money from me: of course! A few of us also talked about Derek's new San Diego job which starts at the end of October: they're sponsoring him for his visa, which is a good thing! I discussed books with Randal and Connie, and Jeremy told me that he'd had rice and seaweed to eat today. He also told the table in general that even his non-first floor place wouldn't be a deterrent to burglars if they wanted to scale the walls of the apartment building! Jeremy personally doesn't have anything worth stealing (a five-year-old 19-inch monitor?), but his roommate Darryl has a bunch of music equipment!

On the way home, Eric made a "bl-bl-bl" sound effect which reminded me of a GWAR song... I'm not sure which one, but I'll let him know once I figure it out! He thought it should remind me of Jar-Jar Binks.. to me, that would be "mee-sa Jar-Jar Been-ska!" That reminded me of what Mark said once: Jar-Jar Binks should be tortured for 15 minutes at a time during the slow parts of those movies, haha. (luckily, we went home via Granville, so I know just where that BP is for Sunday if I'm going to that party thing, haha... not on Broadway / Granville, but a few blocks from it!) Now I'm telling Corey about yin-yang or the mixing of the milks... milk tea and milk coffee isn't THAT bad, despite what he thinks! Let's just say he thinks they should never be mixed together. :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home