Friday, September 30, 2005

Essential things, and a black man raised to believe he was white

I finally got certain things today! :D I'll have to call certain people to see what happens with the moving situation and everything else, as I have a feeling I'll get an eviction notice this coming week... and with these management people, I don't think I'll get my damage deposit back either! Ah well, I'll see what happens... I have to finally mail stuff to Dave and Catherine too. (I was going to do it this week, but there was too much stramash!)

So after that, I finally went shopping. Among other things, I got raspberry / blueberry sherbet; a baby card for Helen; a generic congratulations card for J-Mak that will have to do for his baptism card (hey, I have one here for Justin in case he ever gets baptized.. he was going to a few years ago, but didn't); a farewell card for Derek; and a birthday card for Jasmine... even though she and NetDave didn't get me a card for my birthday, I can get one for hers! (no, it's not to make her feel bad *wink* ) I *finally* got A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon! I'm going to be reading this one VERY soon, haha. Both my book list and my music list have been updated in the past 24 hours... go look! :D

If I go to Fellowship tonight, I'll certainly tell my friends all about things! My Swedish friend Henrik messaged me yesterday to say that he basically didn't have any concrete plans for this weekend, since he's arriving in Vancouver tomorrow evening at around 8. I told him that maybe Sunday would be better.. but if he still doesn't know what's going on, then I don't know that we WILL meet. Ack. Jasmine has a birthday party planned at BP (took her long enough to plan it since she first vaguely mentioned doing something on Monday, haha :P ) near Broadway / Granville for Sunday night at 6... I *might* go, who knows. We'll see, haha.

A black man was raised to believe he was white... his mother's an idiot!


You Are Balanced - Realist - Empowered

You feel your life is controlled both externally and internally.
You have a good sense of what you can control and what you should let go.
Depending on the situation, you sometimes try to exert more control.
Other times, you accept things for what they are and go with the flow.

You are a realist when it comes to luck.
You don't attribute everything to luck, but you do know some things are random.
You don't beat yourself up when bad things happen to you...
But you do your best to try to make your own luck.

You have a good deal of power, but you also know the pecking order.
You realize that working the system does get you further.
You know who to defer to and who to control.
When it comes to the game of life, you play things flawlessly.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home