Saturday, October 01, 2005

"My main problem is that I have no friends since I only shower once a month! Clean my uniform?"

Sam picked me up shortly after 3, and we talked about what we'd done last night: while my group had been doing Bible Study, his small group had gone bowling... out of seven people, only four bowled! When we got to the church, we saw the remains of the garage sale and teased the guys. Awana was all right: the kids LOVED it when Vanessa brought up Spongebob Squarepants during storytime! Jason and Amos had to put the electric pencil sharpener in the freezer when it overheated because they sharpened too many pencil crayons / pencils at a time! They discovered a broken jack-in-the-box, and wanted to keep it since it would still amuse the little kids. I overruled them since the head would pop out of the box whenever you put the box down anywhere with any force, so I threw it in the kitchen garbage can which was almost overflowing with flower stems and cuttings. The brothers found that pretty funny: I think I'll like working with them, haha.

There was a debriefing session after Awana: we don't have any club meetings for the next two weeks because of Thanksgiving / the annual Leaders Conference in South Delta. We all had to fill out a volunteer information form for the church Child Protection Committee that was due yesterday, so nobody could leave until it was done. A few people echoed my main problem: we have no friends that we could ask to be character references! It was either that, or we forgot to ask people about it till now. Good thing I had Billie's phone number, so I called her... I'll ask Helen tomorrow at church, even though we were really supposed to obtain permission beforehand. I returned some way overdue books to the church library, and gave the two Anitas their birthday cards and books. Later, Melia was teasing Sam because he almost never washes his uniform: the neckline DID look pretty grungy, eep. (they joked that he only showered once a month, if he was lucky!) She told me that my sister's name for Febreeze was "Febarf," and told Sam that she'd wash it for him... Sam wanted her to spray it with a lemony girly scent. Emily thought that wouldn't help him at all, but Sam said that girls would come up to him and ask why he smelled like a girl, thus starting conversation... sure, dude! *laugh*

On the way to pick up Sam's mom from work, I entertained Sam with various Sean stories while he told me what he'd heard of various tough baptismal / membership interviews with Uncle Hansel. I'm not surprised that the girls ended up crying after those, because I saw my sister do that when she had hers a while ago! Definitely a good day, though!


You should be Wonder Woman





You love dressing up for Halloween because it lets you be creative and show people your retro taste in TV. The best part of Halloween for you is the candy, and you definitely look forward to it every year.


Take this quiz at QuizGalaxy.com











You will go trick-or-treating with:



Where?
On Elm Street
What will happen?
You will be picked up by someone of the same sex
Take this quiz at QuizGalaxy.com


.... aiya. That would be scary! o_O

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home