Sunday, August 21, 2005

Milestones and WEDDING CRASHERS

Earlier tonight, I decided to spontaneously invite my Internet friend Jasmine out to a dinner and movie since I was going out anyhow. Her "roommate / sex buddy" Dave wanted to come along: the more, the merrier! Eric M. and Anthony picked me up a little later than originally planned, and then we hightailed it to the Milestones. Eric H. was waiting for us outside, and I asked him if he'd seen some skinny girl with a dress on: he hadn't really noticed any. So I told the guys that I'd invited a friend and her friend to join us, and that they'd probably left feeling very pissed off. (with the price of gas these days, coming from Coquitlam, I wouldn't blame them if they HAD!) Eric M. asked whether I meant Citrus: while I'd love to invite Citrus to hang out with us, that wasn't the case!

So the guys and I were having dinners of seafood fettuccini and a miso dragon bowl, talking about work / video games / how busy my brother was / tiles / church. ("I went to De Dutch Pannekoek House for breakfast" is not "I dusted pancakes for breakfast!") Then I saw a familiar head walking by (no, not literally! :P).. turns out Jasmine and her Dave WERE looking for us, had gone to White Spot for dinner, and had decided to look for us once more before heading home... I did apologize for the trouble they went through! Thank God everything worked out! (otherwise the next journal entry from Jasmine would be like: "Where is Leslie?! *insert invective here* ") Her Dave (I have to call him that to distinguish him from Dave He... can't call him "white Dave," although that would be true!) looked like a very cute Botticelli angel... reminds me of the time I thought Brian looked like one. (I think it was at someone's wedding years ago, haha) Introductions were made, and everyone soon got back to talking... yeah, 'twas obvious that the newcomers were more than friends! ;)

The bill got sorted out, and we decided to go see WEDDING CRASHERS at Silvercity instead: less time crunch that way. Jasmine thought I should ride with them since they didn't know where the place was... I was mulling it over, but then I know my sense of direction isn't that great. As Eric said, I *did* overshoot / not manage to find the car yesterday when we were driving Steph to it before we went to Alan's! I went with Eric H. while Eric M. gave them directions. In the car, he asked about my friends' situation: everyone has their own story, so I told him the extreme basics. Then he said that we should talk online tomorrow about something important: since Nate and Danielle aren't here, and he also values my opinion too, why not? We should so totally make this hanging out thing more regular, especially if Jon's around: night market, Oakridge movies, etc. Good thing he's not in school anymore! (I told him that Sean's Richmond Night Market performance was hilarious, and that I'd link him to Movie Mistakes later!)

The movie was hilarious! Crashing weddings to meet / sleep with girls is one thing, but the heart doesn't go by rules you make up. Still, I wouldn't want a psychotic girlfriend / controlling boyfriend like the ones in the movie! Spending time with friends is great, although next time we really should meet halfway. We'll see what happens, haha. I'll see Eric M. and the rest of the church crew in approximately eight hours, so I better try to get some sleep!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home