Sunday, August 21, 2005

Baby blogs, drinking plans, Pho, Slurpees, parental quotes

Before I went to church today, I checked my email to find that Tim had announced the name of the baby: Joshua Owen has a blog, haha. Cute baby. :)

Speaking of email, mine has always been dodgy... but I've had two so far that addressed me as "Capaldi Khan" and one calling me a very offensive word that starts with a C. Good thing I don't actually click on the spam! :|

Church was okay today, and it felt empty because a lot of the teens were away at camp. Jon's going to hot pot at Garden City, so we'll see what happens to the drinking plans with Jen and Dawn tomorrow night since Jen didn't seem too sure today when we asked her separately. (Dawn might need to pack some more, etc.) I'm kinda planning to hang out with Palmer in Richmond somewhere, but that's not exactly anything set in stone either. (do things spontaneously when the place at least works out, haha) I'll confirm with Jen or Dawn tonight via MSN (God bless technology!), then see what Jon's up to. Then and only then will I say anything to Palmer-boy, since HE likes things more or less set in stone. :P (no Pho, since I have no actual cash.. and I just had some today for lunch!) I asked Eric whether he'd slept as soon as he got home: "No... I didn't fall asleep as soon as I walked in the door!" (hahaha, you KNOW what I mean!)

My mom is definitely losing it! This morning, my dad observed that the driver of the car in front of us LOOKED like Erin. Her response: "That's not Erin! She's away at Timothy camp!" Uh, he knows that... he's just saying that she LOOKED like Erin! (this would be like me saying that the girl I saw near Blenz a couple months ago who LOOKED like Melissa actually WAS Melissa, when she's in Toronto!) When we were walking to the car after lunch, she saw some random white guy HOLDING A BABY nearby, so she asked us whether that was Eric. *rolleyes* No, Mom... not every white guy near the church is Eric, although that could be kinda understandable! Eric doesn't have any babies, and he left a LONG time ago! (then I was talking about Paris Hilton to my sister, and Mom thought we were talking about her: let's just say Mom wouldn't release any sex videos to the Internet :P )

Jon joined us for lunch after his Toronto friends ditched him at Samurai Sushi... Pho is good, but the service at Pho#2 is a bit lacking. It's a tradeoff: Asian food is cheap, but the service is kinda dodgy; white food is good, but it's pricey! When my sister and I got there, there were five free tables that hadn't been cleaned off yet... and at least three parties waiting in line! (Pho#1 was full, and we won't go to Pho#3!) Then there's always Jon's favorite story from Pho#2: the contents of a small bowl go into a large bowl to "satisfy" the customer! :P

Afterwards, Jon bought Slurpees all round from 7-11. Word to the wise: if you think the SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS collector cup is going to be the same quality as the STAR WARS one, you'd be wrong. It's just an ordinary Slurpee cup (slightly bigger than the smallest size) with different designs of Spongebob and friends on it. Vanessa also called Steph from a New York hotel lobby since she was bored and really missed home / her boyfriends and female friends: the focus of the trip will be her brother Sean, who got accepted last-minute at UBC and the University of Pennsylvania (despite getting a UBC rejection letter earlier) from their waiting list. He has an apartment / lease / roommates / classes already, though!


Here's a hilarious parental quote from my dad, with commentary from my brother... thanks, Jon!

Dad: When did you go to sleep?
Me: Oh, 4-5 AM.
Dad: What were you doing, reading people's blobs?
Me: Blogs..
Dad: You should just call them blobs.

Sounds appropriate enough for me, as a lot of blogwriting does consist of people writing their thoughts down into one big blob of an entry. However, I do take time to see if my writing is clear, grammatically correct, and free of spelling errors. In other words, it takes time for me to type up a full entry, which is probably why I've been so lax about updating this neglected blog over the past 2 months. Well, that's what summer's for.

(reminds me of when Adam Frey called me a "literal formless blob" because we were chatting over the Internet, hahaha)

Oh, that also reminds me... I told my dad earlier not to mess with me because of certain biological functions, and his response was: "You're so messy that I'll mess with you!" LAAAAAAAAAAME. :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home