Saturday, July 09, 2005

Little kids, Sean's Night Market performance, and lounge fun

The talks today were quite interesting, and put our minds onto money / wisdom / world issues we should know about. (like my brother's favorite subject: Darfur killings in the Sudan)

One of the little kids knew Nathan's name, so my niche with the little ones came in handy. Nathan asked me who the little girl was, since she knew his name. I told him that she was Natalie, and she probably knew his name since she has a little brother named Nathan. Then I asked her for further clarification: she's smart since she read the sheet with a list of leaders, and noticed his name was on there. Nathan was surprised I asked her why, but thanked me. Another one of the little kids (Julie) thought my brother should be taller than he is.. maybe she's thinking of Eric M., who she once mistook for my actual brother years ago. (we're siblings in Christ, but that's it as far as that goes... he's white, not Chinese!)

My sister wanted to play hockey in the afternoon, but nobody was available. Danielle decided to go for a nap, since she just couldn't process anymore. At dinner, we saw Sean and asked how his Richmond Night Market performance had gone. He told us that he had a tape, and would play it for us after the evening session.

After the evening session, I found that the propped-open door we used for a shortcut was now locked. So putting away my stuff took fifteen minutes instead of two... I had to find my way to my room, and I'm not good with directions. By the time I finally found my way to the lounge, the tape was underway with a crowd of people watching. The performance with my brother as backup was hilarious and awesome! We had to laugh at certain parts of it since it was Sean, haha. (if you knew him, you'd say the same)

After that, the little kids left with their parents. The teens kinda wanted to turn it into Open Mike Night, but that didn't happen. Instead, Jon and Sean did a live acoustic version of a couple of Ryan Cabrera / Usher songs. Jackie videotaped the whole thing, and it was well-received. Then Eric T., Eric M., and Jackie jammed on their guitars while everyone signed a giant farewell card for Tracy. (who's going to dental school in Ohio pretty soon)

Someone brought up going for Pho or bubble tea, but ordering in pizza was a better suggestion. We got the GameCube and Donkey Konga from the older kids, I got pretzels and Jackie got Kernels popcorn, Sean taught Eric T. how to do the Moonwalk, Cordia and Joyce started to play card games, and we're now having our traditional "last conference late-night lounge fun time." Sean also told us how his sister met her boyfriend Patrick through MSN, whose picture is in my sister's Gr. 11 yearbook. He was organizing the November praise rally with Patrick's sister, but neither of them had their own MSN account at the time. So they both hijacked their siblings' accounts to chat and send files. Vanessa and Patrick met accidentally when Sean and this other girl were sending songs / lyrics, but weren't at the computer. My mom thought it was rather dodgy, but this method works! ;)

Time to try catching up elsewhere... I'll be home tomorrow sometime! Then and only then will I get to comments, email, and catching up in my safe place. :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home