Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Chris fails to realize something, once again! / To-Do List

This is venting about Chris Sykes.

I read this in his journal earlier, and I was very confused:

We were talking earlier this afternoon, and it came up that I was doing other things since she wasn't putting much into the conversation which led to me doing other things so this wouldn't bother me. She took this as she was boring me, which I couldn't exactly get out of.


Uh... he doesn't exactly put much effort into conversations either!

Sample of a typical conversation between Chris and me:

Chris: Hi.
Chris, after 30 seconds to 3 minutes: ?
Me, taking my own sweet time: Hi. [I have other things to do too, y'know!]
Chris: How's it going?
Me: Good.
Chris: Good deal.
*silence for at least twenty minutes*
Chris: I'm going out to walk my dog. I'll be back later.
Me: Okay.
*silence for an hour*
Chris: I'm back. What's up?
Me: Not much.
*silence for upwards of an hour*
Chris: k


That might seem that I don't put much effort into conversations myself, but he wouldn't be that responsive anyhow. I do have independent confirmation of this too, by the way. Those of you who have me added to your IM lists know that I usually am as talkative as a chirping cheery bird! (as Kelvin once described it) I can get even more chummy if I know you well enough / trust you to a high degree. (like Corey) Those conversations can just get... bleh. No other word to describe 'em. To be fair, sometimes there are good ones scattered amongst the dross... but those are few and far between. Thank goodness I'm not really on AIM or Yahoo this week! (turning on AIM Express because I need to talk to Corey does not count! :P)


Other things to do today:

* clean up Steph's room if Em is sleeping over tonight (Jon doesn't care if she does, but as long as we respect Mom's wishes and have her out of here by Friday night!)
* eat the strawberries my brother just picked this afternoon
* make sure Jon gets home by midnight in case Emily calls
* soak up more of the chilling vibe around here ;)

No progress on the laptop front, either. We've kinda figured out where the battery might be, but haven't managed to do anything about it. =/

I'd go out for dinner, but I just had some beef ramen for lunch. (yes, at this time! :P) Maybe later or not at all, since I'm ostensibly saving money here.

Oh yeah, and I dislike the parental controls on my dad's computer which won't let me edit certain entries. Sigh. Maybe Em and I need to go to my place sooner than I think, haha. ;)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home