Monday, June 13, 2005

Emily, Jon, Nate, Eric, Phil, and me (Tropika, movie plans, flight schedule) / Michael Jackson

Just got up from a nap, and my brother got back from the Chapters book sale.

Mississauga Emily finally called us earlier this afternoon! Her flight lands at 12:17 AM on Wednesday (basically really late on Tuesday :P), and she'll call us when she's done picking up her luggage. Jon will give her another call eventually, of course. She'll stay half the time with me, and probably half the time with Melody in Surrey. That doesn't sound too bad... I'll have to give her my keys, which will effectively leave me bound to the four walls of the apartment. Ah well, as long as things go all right. :D

Nate and Jon are planning to see Crash (the 2004 version); Eric and Phil are planning to see Star Wars. I can take my pick, and then I guess all five of us will hang out later tonight. Jon and I might go to Tropika tomorrow night... Mom left us a coupon for it, so we're being frugal, haha. Malaysian food is good, after all. Dunno if we'll use the fast food / Mac's / A&W coupons, though...

Wait. Maybe tonight won't go as planned. Jon just got off the phone with Phil, who's sick. (he did tell me on Friday that he thought he might be getting a cold, and I guess that came true... poor guy!) Now Jon's on the phone with Eric (who answers his cell at work), trying to see what else is going on. Good strategy, heh. I'll probably take a shower anyway, whether I hang out or not!

The Internet guy couldn't fix my mother's computer... it seems to be fine other than the screen not responding when we turn it on. (but then, it's been weird for a while too..) He said that maybe if we asked a friend (Eric?) to take a look at the tower / monitor first, it would be cheaper than taking it to the shop. I still haven't made any progress on figuring out where Steph's laptop battery could be... Jon doesn't know where it is, either. Currently, the laptop is sitting with all its wires out on Steph's desk. I thought briefly of getting the Internet guy to do something with it, but then it had nothing to do with his specialty: the connection. Oh well. It's not an emergency to call Toronto in a panic about. I'll wait till my mom calls again.. because she WILL. ;)

I finished the Dan Savage book about his adopted kid today, too. Very good book. :D


Me: "Hey Jon, did you hear about Michael Jackson?"
My brother: "Yeah, it's not going to help his record sales!"

So true. Not saying whether I thought he was guilty or innocent. But he DID have a metric buttload of money and influence... o_O

NOT GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home