Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Chianti's, Howl's Moving Castle, and Lemony Snicket

Earlier, Jon and I went to pick up Nathan for a Chianti's dinner. We hung out at Nathan's before we left, and tried convincing various people to join us. Danielle had already eaten and needed to prepare for something (and didn't have a vomitorium like the ancient Romans did at their orgies :P), one of Nathan's friends just wasn't up to it, and Palmer wasn't up to being spontaneous in the end. :P (He said he would have gone had I asked him earlier, but maybe it was a good thing he didn't. We got up to some personal discussions at the restaurant, and some weird jokes in the car!)

At Chianti's, we noticed that the sign advertising their $6.99 Monday / Tuesday pasta special wasn't up. That just about gave Nathan a heart attack, and he joked that the tip was going down just for that. It just worsened his cough, but we were kinda disappointed. Luckily, we asked the waitress about it: the price had gone up a dollar, but they were kinda lazy about changing the signage... yes, of course the tip went right back up! We read newspapers at the table; as Nathan said the last time we were there, "We're such good friends, it doesn't matter if we read newspapers at the table instead of talking to each other!" Too true!

I broke the whole-wheat pasta ordering pattern, but got to try some anyhow when Nathan was too full to finish his. We talked about girls, leading people on, Nathan's sisterhood, a durian-themed wedding banquet, "Raw Dog" tunes, Mike Tyson retiring, sports in general, inviting people who lived too far away to come join us, decoys, teasing, necrophilia, Jen's computer reformat / movie night on Wednesday, Summit, hanging out with Chinese Eric, and other topics. I told Nathan that it probably wasn't a good idea to tease Danielle about certain things since she was sensitive about them. He'd heard it from Danielle already, since she's one of his closest female friends. But I just had to reinforce it before we sang worship songs in the car on the way to the movie. :P

After dinner, it was off to Tinseltown to watch Howl's Moving Castle. It's a very cute and touching anime movie involving someone under a spell who falls in love with a wizard. You should all watch it, since it IS in English. We got into the story right away, and loved the previews before the movie. (Chicken Little, Zathura, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...) I'm not going to spoil the movie for you, but we stayed until the very end of the credits. After that, it was off to Blockbuster to return some late videos.

On the way to Nathan's, we joked about our sexuality and being bisexual players. Nathan said that since it was a perfect date movie, my brother and I could be his dates! Jon didn't get it at first, so I simplified matters by telling him that we were like Nathan's one-night stand. He didn't want to be tossed aside like useless rubbish, but Nathan made a beautiful recovery by saying that we could use him as that too. That worked for us, haha! Jon commented that he'd seen Nate every day since Friday... I wish I saw some of my good friends that much, haha. At Nathan's, I read the whole fourth book in the Lemony Snicket series while Jon checked stuff out on the computer... Nathan was talking to his parents, and watching Chinese TV shows.

Jon and I left for home, and discussed where Emily was going to stay. Probably she'll stay with me for a few days, then go to Melody's. Yes, my place is reasonably clean! In Jon's words, "It doesn't matter if Em's a neat freak... your place is still a hellhole!" Discretion and loyalty prevented me from describing the current living conditions of someone I knew, haha. ;) Heck, we're such good friends with Nathan that we even joked about showering and body odor in front of him! I explained to Nathan that we joked about that sort of thing, and his comment was "Lovely!" Haha, good times indeed. :D

I also need to talk to someone about something, but that can wait till later. Right now, I need to quickly check my friends pages and then get some sleep! (the email comments will still be there tomorrow :P)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home