Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Board games night at the Bread Garden, Geddy Lee, not living things down

Tonight, I went to a board games night at the Bread Garden near Metrotown. It was okay, but not my preferred way of getting to know people. Apples to Apples was interesting: I won that through beginner's fluky luck, haha. We played Balderdash, Pictionary, and a couple of other games as well. There were about 15 people there, and we took over a lot of tables in the restaurant. I got a bit annoyed at that since we were taking up so much space in the corner, but there was nothing to be done about it. It reminded me of the time a bunch of us went out to eat at Denny's after Fellowship or the fireworks a LONG time ago. We took over like half the chairs, and the waitress was definitely pissed off!

I finally did meet Jasmine: it's a good thing that some time has passed since I first knew about her threesome, or else I'd still be really shocked! She seems like a nice person, and I wish I'd talked to her more. There was one guy there who looked like my old friend David Betlem; yes, he was kinda cute too. (he also looked like Geddy Lee of Rush)




There was a woman who peered very closely at everything she read or wrote. Jill's visually impaired (which I can certainly understand), but I found myself wondering why she didn't have glasses... then I figured that maybe they didn't work for her. I'm not sure I'll be doing this again, but it was good for the experience of it all. Games are fun and all, but I preferred it when we talked later on the way home to various people about my mother stories / journals / life.

Palmer says he'll never let me live down the time I slept in and missed the games night. Hey, I apologized for it... STOP BRINGING IT UP! We did have a time to talk about things, and he didn't mind my giving his stuff back either. I felt bad that I didn't really talk much to the people there, but the purpose was to play games and not talk much amongst the group. If we wanted to talk, we wouldn't have a board games meetup... we'd just call it a dinner and be done with it. :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home