Sunday, April 17, 2005

Kids leading singing, new kids at the toddler class, Sikh-Italian weddings, and more!

Today at church, Frances told me that she went to her co-workers' wedding yesterday. The groom's a Sikh, and the bride's an Italian Catholic, so the ceremony and banquet were very interesting and different. Jen asked me when Jon was getting back: I'm not even sure what day, but I think it's either the 17th or 18th.

Hannah helped lead the singing today: it was her first time doing it, and she's just shy of nine years old! She said it was okay when I asked her later, but she stared at the words a lot... that's all right, as she did a good job! Later, the worship team drummer Chris was downstairs trying to get Hannah's friend Natalie to talk to him: unfortunately, she seems to be paranoid of him for some reason. I know the teens really like teasing the younger kids (as I used to do that myself), but it's not like he means anything malicious by it!

Citrus, Emily, Nathan, Danielle, Eric, Sheena, Christon, and I talked about World of Warcraft; needing more sleep; life; Sunday School; exams; taking psychology and such in summer school; Chrystal being really busy in Korea; the stories I could tell about the last time we had a big Summer Conference at Trinity; and how our weekends had been. I gave a birthday card to Daniel for Michelle: she thanked me for it later.

There were a lot of kids at the toddler Sunday School, partly because there were two new kids. The little ones graduate from the nursery around the time they turn one and a half or two years old, and stay with us until they're around four. Irene and Wilson seem to be really independent since they didn't need their parents with them! That was a good thing, since the room's pretty small anyhow... especially with ten or twelve people there, plus all the toys and everything else!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home