Sunday, April 10, 2005

Homestar Runner and Future Shop

When I went to church today, I got some cookies from Sophia. They were for the people who were invited to Winnie's baby shower yesterday, but I couldn't make it due to Awana. Her sister Frances said that there were a lot of people at the shower, so she wouldn't have been surprised if she hadn't seen me. Auntie Allyn offered me some Chinese cake slices, so I took one regular and one taro. She thought I was going to share them with Eric, but he can't eat that stuff. I also talked to Anita, who was STILL giving out wedding invitations... looking for people is crazy! Reminds me that I should really RSVP soon myself by email or phone before May 1. Silvester wants his exams to be over with, but he'll have to wait a couple of weeks for that. Christon just has to get mentally prepared to study, especially because it's sunny out and he doesn't want to. (and he'll have to prepare to go away, too) I saw Dave, but didn't get a chance to talk to him. However, I did say hi to Eunice... the Richmond Crew girl with memories!

I saw Daniel with a pink bag, so wondered what that was about. His brother Nathan had given it to him for his birthday (that was strange, but then they're both that way!), and urged him not to be Chinese: Daniel didn't have to save opening it for later! When he saw that the gift was an American Eagle gift card, Daniel said that it was a good thing they had a sale on now. Erin announced that she had a couple of flat tires: one today, and one yesterday. Hope she gets them fixed soon! Justin was asking Nathan for some character references, so I told Nathan to make sure that he had POSITIVE childhood memories first! Water fights and such would be absolutely no good, haha. Then Justin wondered why he had a duplicate entry when he tried inputting Eric's cell number into his phone: they'd probably swapped numbers before during Sunday School or something, and he just didn't remember.

On the way home, Eric asked if I minded stopping by Future Shop: it doesn't take a genius to figure out my answer to that one, haha. There was also this terribly annoying segue on the Christian radio station: "That was I Will Be Here... and I'll be here with you till 6!" *thud* His brother's birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks, so he called home to make sure that his mom hadn't gotten the gift yet. Nobody was apparently home, which was funny since they usually are on Sundays. Then he called again: his dad had a good excuse which Eric wouldn't tell me, his mom was outside, and Kieran was playing a game. While we were going to Future Shop, Eric asked if I knew any Dumb Fries... we were on Dumfries St. when he asked me, of course. He also sprinkled our fun conversation with Homestar Runner / Strong Bad email references: that reminded me of this Strong Bad emails test, which I'll have to email him this week! I could text message him, but I have no cell phone, so I have no idea how well that will work... if it works at all, of course. Then again, I could wait till he's also on MSN, haha. I should check the Homestar Runner site out more often myself, of course.

The elevator wasn't working at Future Shop, so Eric asked if I was going to brave the escalator. (he knows about me and escalators, haha) Luckily for me, the up escalator wasn't working, so I was able to take that route going in and out. We looked for the Seinfeld Season 4 DVD, but they didn't have it. There was this giant box set, but he didn't want to get that since it cost over $125. We also checked out digital cameras, DVD players (he wants one that will record stuff too), The Sims 2 plus various expansion packs, a World of Warcraft strategy guide, a golf strategy guide selling for less than a dollar, Myst IV, Final Fantasy XI, plus various other computer games / CDs / DVDs, and big-screen TVs.

When he dropped me off, he told me to get out and said he'd see me on Friday. I responded that we'd figure our plans out later, and he then asked me if I'd said "hopefully." No, I said LATER! *laugh* He reminded me to send him the quiz, and I definitely shall do so!

I just realized that little Nathaniel's birthday is the day before his mother Helen's. That is cool, after a fashion. :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home