Thursday, April 07, 2005

How can you not know what timezone you're in?!

I just got off the phone with my friend Yazmine:

Her: Hey, do you know what time zone we're in?
Me: Uh... how can you not KNOW?
Her: I want to know when the Pope's funeral is on! The TV keeps saying stuff about the Eastern Time Zone and the Pacific Time Zone...
Me: Well, that's easy enough to figure out!
Her: I've talked to lots of people, and they don't even know! (me in head: "yeah, right...")
Me: You're kidding me, right?
Her: No, I'm not!
Me: Obviously we're not in the Eastern Time Zone. It would be midnight now if so, and I wouldn't be calling you!
Her: Are you SURE about that?
Me: Trust me. I can give you my sister's cell number and she'd tell you the same thing!
Her: But what time zone are we IN, then?
Me: *sigh* Pacific. We're not on the east end of the country, right?
Her: I don't know!
Me: Well, we're not. It's a good thing for you that I know these things!
Her: I guess... so are you going to watch it?
Me: I wouldn't mind. Are you?
Her: Oh yeah, I was planning on staying up for it.
Me: Drink lots of coffee and stuff then!


I told my brother about this, and he was like: "Aiya. Oh man."


I've spotlighted Yazmine's funniness before on here, too!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home