Saturday, December 11, 2004

Clearing my head and going out....

Eric and I went to Pilgrims Christian bookstore before going to Fellowship tonight. I should have bought something there because I almost never go out that way myself, but didn't. Probably spent enough money this week on bills, presents, and such anyhow... oh well. At least Eric found what he was looking for: some compact study Bible with case as a gift for a friend. (probably stupid Korey) Yes, I looked around for the ten or fifteen minutes we were there.. couldn't really find anything, though.

Went to church early, after much teasing by Eric.. we heard Europe's Final Countdown on the radio too. I decided to have some Pho for dinner, since we were so early that nobody was really at the church yet. Saw Chung Yan at the restaurant, so we talked a little: he just got back earlier from Hong Kong and a cousin's wedding. He's also very busy with Winter Conference stuff, as he organizes this every year. It was good to catch up with him, since I never get a chance to talk to him much these days.

Had the Fellowship Annual General Meeting, where Lesley needed three of my Halls cough drops to get through the night. Good thing I packed them in my knapsack at the last minute because I thought Hien would need them on Sunday. (yes, I plan ahead sometimes!) Katherine's gum wouldn't have done any good in that case, either! Lesley and I have had our differences, but I will always try to help friends when they need it.. almost no matter what.

Afterwards, I talked to Lauren for a bit.. she looks pregnant now, and is only experiencing backaches; nothing else, really. I also asked Maxine if we'd actually be caroling next week... she said we'd stay here and do it by candlelight. Sounds like an interesting night, and it's really too bad my brother won't be back till the next day! (although he did think our jokes on Sunday were funny) Karen C. asked if I was still hosting parties: sure, if anyone wants to come! :D (Maxine says that every time they go over to Karen's place, the decor has changed since she gets bored) Lots of people apparently still haven't seen her place or mine... time to get some parties going, hahaha!

Went downstairs after that, where Nathan and Eric were practicing guitar.. everyone else there was standing around and talking. Jackie, Nathan, and Dawn convinced me to bring home some potato salad and some Starbucks cake. Talked to Vivian, Karen L., and Dawn: nothing happened on my accident anniversary since I didn't go out! Vivian says I can't restrict myself.. true, since something could happen at any time. Dawn's leaving next Friday, and won't be back till January 5. Tracy says that at least she has lots of time to do mental preparation before leaving for Ohio in July.. she figures that Alan was talking to Dave on MSN, and Dave told Jon. Later, Eric took the bright pink bat and playfully hit me and Karen wth it: "Anyone who's wearing this color will get hit.. bam!" My jacket was closer in color than Karen's sweater, though.. oh well. He's a fun guy, and gave me some almond slivers to eat. :D

On the way home, Eric and I discussed the usual.. we also sang songs to each other, and had a fun time with Fellowship stuff. Thank goodness he didn't bring up what we'd talked about this afternoon on MSN, and what I've discussed with some other trusted friends of mine.. it was a very good thing for me to go out and clear my head from all the recent stramash! :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home