Sunday, December 05, 2004

Margaret's birthday, my sibs getting back, my mom, Bon's, Xmas plans, little kids

Talked to Margaret, Eric, Tracy, Alan, Christon, Auntie Ying, Hien, Eunice, Erin, Nathan, Jackie, Maxine, Kevin, Benedict, Frances, Cindy, Dianne, Anita, Sheena, Melia, Silvester, Citrus, Michael, and Justin today. That's pretty good for a Sunday, considering you almost never get time to talk to people since there's a limited time between service and Sunday School / afterwards. :D

Since it was Margaret's birthday today, I gave her a card. Asked her how old she was, just to make sure. She said she was thirteen, and her cousin Gabriel told me that he was eleven. It's amazing to think I've known Margaret for nearly ten years now.. when she was a little kid, she was my favorite. (everyone knew this!) Very good to get to know the kids more now as they're growing up.. some of the kids I used to know are now teens and taller than I am! *thud* (although that's really not hard to do, seeing as I'm only shy of five feet tall)

People were asking me when my siblings got back, so I told them: Jon's getting back on Dec. 18, and Steph's here on Dec. 22. She'd be back earlier, but she has this crazy exam schedule: three in the first few days of exams, and then one on the very last day! (a week and a half later) Tracy said she got accepted into an Ohio dental school on Wednesday, so we all congratulated her on that. Melia and I were talking about the Awana Christmas break, and Silvester thought we were referring to a break that the church would take for three weeks! I quickly set him straight, and it was all good after that.

Jackie, Maxine, and I were joking around about getting Jon to come back at least one day earlier so he could play piano for the Christmas Celebration on the Friday. Maxine had emailed me earlier in the week asking for his email address, and wondering if he'd be back in time to help. Unfortunately, he gets back one day too late. They told me that I should get him to send me a tape of his piano playing / pictures of him playing piano, so that we could have a slideshow or audio of his playing that night! *laugh* I'll tell him about that next time I see him online, hahaha!

My mom waved at Cindy and Dianne this morning.. Cindy waved back, but Dianne didn't. So my mom said, "Dianne looks like she saw a ghost.. she's been like that for a long time!" *rolleyes* I told her to be nice, and informed them about it later on: Dianne just didn't see her. When I told my mom about that later (since Dianne wanted me to apologize for her), she then told me not to talk to them! Erm, I think I'm old enough to decide who to talk to / what to tell my friends without her influence and meddling! *sigh*

Eunice, Erin, and Tracy went to Bon's for breakfast.. we could smell the Bon's grease smell on them when service started! (it's so cheap, and close by the church!) Everyone was discussing how cold it was today.. some people looked warm, but really weren't. Christon told me that he wasn't that nervous about exams yet, but he knows he should be.. maybe it'll happen next week! Benedict and I discussed Christmas plans, and the crazy Christmas / Boxing Day shopping crowds at the malls. There's no way we're lining up overnight to score a sale on Boxing Day.. it's so cold outside, and the crowds fight for things!

When my family and I went for Pho at lunchtime, a bunch of little kids from the Sunday School class were there with their families too. Janis, Clara, Ryan, Ethan, Rosanna, and Nathan recognized me.. I talked to them a little, some of them looked at me and said hi while I was eating, and a couple of them said bye to me. I love those kids, with good reason. :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home