Friday, December 31, 2004

Cards Received, 2003-2004

Cards Received, 2003-2004

Special 2003

CSCC: "Thank you for your faithful commitment to AWANA." (the card has Isaiah 63:7 and 1 Thessalonians 3:9 on it)

Sophia and John: "Dear Leslie, Jonathan, and Stephanie: Thanks for coming and sharing our special day with us. We'd also like to say thanks for the Japanese bowls. They are very pretty and cute. And also for the picture frame. Very appropriate! :) Love, Sophia and John."

Larry and Sandra: "With hearts full of praise and thanksgiving, we joyfully announce God's gift to us: Joshua! Thanks so much for the cute rattle and frame! We've already put a picture of Joshua in the frame! Thanks too for all your good wishes and always asking how we're doing. We appreciate it!"

Natalie: "Dear Leslie, I wanted to take a moment, and appreciate your kindness and generosity. Over the years, we have always been on friendly terms, and you have expressed your thoughtfulness many times. Your birthday card amidst the wedding hustle and bustle has prompted me to sit down and reflect on your kindness. Thank you for remembering my birthday and for getting me a card. I appreciate your small, yet immense, gesture of friendship. Love, Natalie."

Lee and Lily: "Dear Leslie, Stephanie, and Jonathan: Thank you so much for the mini speaker / stereo set - trés cool! Lee and I feel very blessed for having such a wonderful and supportive church family! Thank you! May we continue to walk in Christian fellowship, love, and friendship! In Him, we give our thanks! Love, Lily and Lee." (the card has Joshua 24:15 on it, plus their contact info)

Lauren and Warren: "Dear Leslie, Thank you so much for sharing in our special day and celebrating with us. We hope you had a good time... we sure did! Thanks also for the cookbook, and colorful cutting mats. Can't wait to try one of those recipes. Leslie, thanks for pitching in for the awesome sewing machine as well... I love it! Love, Lauren and Warren."


Birthday 2003

Erin: "Dear Leslie, I hope you have a wonderful birthday filled with lots of smiles! Here's to fun memories. :) Love always, Erin."

card from Shannon

Nathan: "Leslie! Yes... it's actually a serious card from Nathan! Haha, only cuz the gift isn't so serious... I gotta balance it out somehow! Haha. Well, have an awesome Birthday Week (shouldn't it be "BirthWeek"?), and rock on! God Bless, Nathan." (the card has 1 Chronicles 4:10 on it) (of course he drew a camel)

Dianne: "Hi Leslie, Happy Birthday! Hope you have a good one. Thanks for always remembering my birthday! Anyways, keep sending out those "All About Me" email surveys - I love reading them - always interesting, and anything to get out of doing work. :) (hee hee) Well... enjoy your year, and come visit us at Daniel Fellowship! In Christ, Dianne."

Cindy: "Dear Leslie, Happy Birthday! Are you happy now that AWANA has begun? The kids have grown up so fast. I hope as you enter another birthday, you will continue to seek the Lord. Thanks again for always remembering our birthdays. Have a wonderful birthday, Leslie. You totally deserve it! Take care and God Bless, Cindy."

card from parents

Connie Lucas: "Hope your day is happy, and the coming year be good to you."

Yazmine: "Happy Birthday, and may you have many more to come. Sorry I can't make it for dinner. Still, I know you'll enjoy the time. Take advantage of the good food. Oh! And the fancy washroom."

Danielle and Citrus: "Dear Leslie (aka Birthday Card Gal :) ), May God Bless this year for you! Thank you for always being so thoughtful on EVERYONE's birthday! At least *someone* at church has a great memory!! Thought you might find this carefully handmade paper with pressed-in leaves useful for future card-giving. (or letter-writing :) ) You can decide for yourself if Citrus and I made the paper ourselves... or not. :P"

Phil: "Dear Leslie, Happy Birthday!! :) Have a great birthday and a blessed year! Enjoy the Cactus."

Melia: "Happy Birthday, Leslie! I hope all your wishes come true. :) May God continue to bless you as you add another year to your life. Take care! Lots of love, Melia."

Chrystal: "Leslie, hope your birthday is filled with lots of fun! Have a great and blessed year. Love, Chrystal."

Emily: "Leslie, I want to wish you a very happy birthday! I look forward to serving in Awana with you. :) Love, Emily." (she drew a little cloud-sheep thing, haha!)

card from Uncle Y.C., Auntie Catherine, Chung Yan, and Chung Ming

Jessica Lai: "God Bless you in everything you do this year! It has been good to know you. I enjoy coming on Fridays to chitchat with you. I just want to wish you a great Happy Birthday! Love from: JESSICA." (the card has Zephaniah 3:17 on it)


Christmas 2003

Lisa T.: "Hi Leslie, I bought this card from a genealogy society gathering out in West Auckland. It was the only one of its kind there - and I think I should have bought more while I was at it! Still - hope you like it. As it says on the back, it's handmade - a touch unreal in this day and age. Hope this finds you well, happy, surrounded by love and with good dreams for the future. Have a wonderful 2004! Much love, Lisa. (Wolfie.)"

Vania: "Hey! Don't see much of you anymore - come back to choir! You've got a nice singing voice. Are you still in AWANA? I'd promised Rebecca that I'd rejoin next year, so I'll see you then. Until then, I'll see you around! :) God bless!"

card from Shannon with Matthew 2:2 on it

Emily (romanticanarchy): "Happy Holidays!"

Cindy and Dianne: "Dear Leslie, Warmest greetings from the good ol' F. sisters!! Thank you for always sharing your wonderful kindred spirit with us! It has been wonderful and pleasant knowing you and serving with you at the church. We are both finished exams, so the next time you see us, we'll be extremely cheerful! We wish you a wonderful Christmas too! God Bless, Cindy and Dianne." (the card has Matthew 2:1 on it)

Dan (dantheman70): "Happy Holidays!"

Karen Lew: "Hiya Leslie! Thanks for the awesome VeggieTales card! Silly Bob... hehe. Anywayz, memories... :) Haha, we should definitely go on another trip. I'll never look at almonds the same way again, hehe. Well, have a great Xmas! 'Tis the season for chocolate and sweets!"

Vivian: "Hey Leslie. :) Larry the Cucumber Christmas card!! That card is classic Veggie holiday cheer. :) May you enjoy a very peachy Christmas, and holidays filled with love and laughs! (although I must agree with Karen: chocolates are ALWAYS in season, HAHAHA.) Merry Christmas! Love, Vivian."

Karen and Vivian: "Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year! Love, Vivian and Karen."


Special 2004

Billy and Stella: "Leslie and Jonathan: Thank you for sharing in our wedding and for your wedding gifts... I know Billy especially thanks you for the cookbook! Sorry for the late thank-you card, but we still wanted to let people know that we appreciated their presence at one of the most important events in our lives. Lotsa love, Stella and Billy." (everyone thought it was hilarious that their thank-yous were THREE YEARS LATE!)


Birthday 2004

Candy: "Have a very good birthday! Hugs, Candy."

Cindy: "Dear Leslie, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! It's this exciting time of the year again!! I hope you had a wonderful birthday, Leslie! And what better way to celebrate than kicking AWANA off on a whole new year! The kids are really cute, aren't they? And there are many new faces, too! Stephie would really enjoy playing with them too. Well, I'll see you around! God bless you on this special day! Love, your sister in Christ, Cindy. Happy Birthday, Leslie! Even the fishies celebrate! Dianne says Happy Birthday, too!" (the card has 1 Corinthians 1:4 on it)

Alyssa: "Dear Leslie, I am sure your day is over by the time you get this. But I just wanted you to know I was thinking of you on your special day! Love, Alyssa." (it was nice and handmade!)

Auntie Catherine: "Dear Leslie, A belated happy birthday card for you. Uncle Y.C. and I wish you joy and peace in the year to come. You may miss Jonathan and Stephanie a lot as they are away from home. Hope you like this bicycle picture frame. Maybe you can put their pictures in the frame and place the bicycle on your desk. God bless you always for your care for others. May you always be showers of blessings to people around you, Sincerely, Auntie Catherine."

Connie Lucas: "Trust you are keeping well, and working hard. Enjoy your day. Much love, Connie."

Steve and Carol: "Wishing you the best birthday ever!! Love, Steve and Carol."

COMPUTER GEEK card from parents


Special 2004

Joe Y.: "Leslie, God sent you to us to make our lives seem brighter. You share in our joys and sorrow, and make our burdens lighter. It seems that warmth and caring come naturally to you. There's a kindness that is genuine in everything you do. Thanks for everything. Thanks for being you." (the card has Philippians 1:7 on it) (November 2004... Sisters Appreciation)

Andrea: "Dear Leslie, I just wanted to write you a little note to thank you for always being such a consistent friend and a gracious sister in Christ. Sherman and I are always in awe and thankful for your thoughtfulness and care when we receive your birthday cards. I thank God when I remember, and pray that he'll continue to do this good work in you. Look forward to breakfast! Love, Andrea." (Nov. 6, 2004)


Christmas 2004

card from Shannon

card from Dan (dantheman70)

card from Morgaine (youarethemusic)

Amber (randomlancila): "Leslie: Hey there! Isn't the holiday_wishes community the most wonderful idea? I'm certainly in a more holidayish spirit than I can ever remember! Anyways, hope your holiday is wonderful, and that you get all of your wishes fulfilled! (corny, I know!) Maybe I'll see you in RQv3926! *giggles* Amber."

Marie (cheerygemini): "Leslie, greetings from your neighbor. I love BC, and can't wait to go back. Merry Christmas! Hope it is filled with happiness."

Carmina (on_the_ground): "¡Feliz Navidad! ¡Feliz año nuevo 2005! Hey Leslie! I hope you'll have a great time this holiday with all your family and friends!" (she drew wreaths on the card)

Amy (amy_star_): "Happy Holidays to a new LJ friend! Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!"

Aaron (declared_insane): "Merry Christmas."

Andrea: "Leslie, may you find time this Christmas to reflect on the gift of Christ. Thank you for your friendship! Love, Andrea." (the card has Matthew 17:5 on it)

Darren (dfrancis): "Lookie... you got a card from me, huzzah! Merry Christmas... Ho ho ho!"

Mary (beautyispain): "Well, you've been a good GJ buddy. Thank you so much! I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas. Have a great holiday!"

card from Kathy (sadsong)

Candy: "Hope you have a wonderful holiday season! :) Thank you for the stickers!"

Misty (mistyf2003): "Thanks for the postcard. I just got it. Vancouver looks very pretty! I hope you have a very happy holiday season!"

John (snooooopy): "The snowman with the missing chunk kind of reminds me of your journal icon! You know, the one where the one guy is smacking the other guy with his own body part."

Sara (adrianaslyth): "Hope your holidays are filled with joy! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!"

Heather (gypsydove): "May all your dreams and wishes come true with this holiday season. If you share your light with others... it will return to you threefold! Let your light shine through! Happy Yule!"

Carolee (theonewhospeaks): "Hi, Leslie! I hope this actually gets to you before Christmas - I don't know how long mail takes to get to Canada, and work has just been a zoo, with it being finals week. School isn't in session now, though, and it is DEAD. The boss is on vacation until the first of the year, though, so it's like my own vacation has started early. I don't update as often as I used to myself, and I've never been much for commenting in other people's journals, but I do enjoy reading yours... it's been great having you on my friends list. Amazing that it all started with a 5000-comment thread! Here's to lots more LJ-ing!"

Lizzie (lizzie9208): "Leslie, I hope you have a wonderful holiday season! May 2005 bring you geographically closer to Stephen - or at least lots of visits!" (yeah right... that never would have happened anyhow!)

Andie (mangoes): "Merry Christmas! I hope your holidays are wonderful!"

Farrah (lilaznffairy421): "Hello there! :O I'm actually not done with all my crap yet, but this is far more interesting than catching up on math homework and studying for statistics / biology. :) I couldn't find any cool Christmas cards that would fit into this envelope, so I suppose this rather festive piece of paper shall have to suffice. 'Twas rather hard to find flat things to send to you. :| Well, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :O I bid thee farewell." (she drew a little thing too!)

Maryann: "All the best to you, Leslie!"

Steve and Carol: "Leslie, have a very Merry Christmas! Don't let your Mom make you crazy. ;) Love, Steve and Carol."

Yazmine: "All the years we've known each other, this is the year we probably least spent together. Your patience and understanding have meant a lot, and are greatly appreciated. Thanks for your friendship. Don't ever change. Have a Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year. God Bless!" (I didn't change, but SHE did... fifty cents, indeed! :P)

Eric's family: "Merry Christmas, Leslie. Thanks for your card and unbelievable memory to send out all your cards for every occasion. May God Bless you this holiday season."

Christine (occipitaldruid): "Happy holidays to you and yours! I hope the new year brings you wonder and joy!"

David S. (omni_sinrilus): "Thank you for being such a wonderful person. You have brightened my days and made it a joy to come online. I hope this new year brings us closer as friends, and I hope also that this new year brings you joy and happiness. I hope you enjoyed the CD player. It should be a pretty decent unit there. I hope everything works out with you and Stephen. Just know that you can always talk to me if you need to. I will be online a lot more, so I will definitely hope I will talk to you a lot more. Ohh yeah. I have a girlfriend now. Yeah for me! Haha. Well, I don't know how long it will last... but hope for me, please. Remember that you are a great person and you only deserve the best, so don't let people give you the worst, or else I will beat them up severely! I hope you enjoyed your Christmas, had a great New Year's Eve and Day, and am praying that you avoided any major Chapters Dumps! Haha!!! Well, my dear, I shall leave it at this since I am running out of space. Enjoy yourself, my dear. LOVES YA! Love ya, sweetie. David."

Total: 65

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home