Sunday, July 13, 2003

Eight hours of sleep, Mandarin, Winnipeg haircuts, botheration, etc.

Okay, here's your weekly hilarity / amusement dose.. happy now? This happens to be the first week that features two quotes from the same person, and twice over too. Aren't you lucky? ;)

HILARIOUS QUOTES OF THE WEEK (6)

"You need to get eight hours of sleep every night, or else your brain explodes." -- Corey, explaining the virtues of an optimum amount of sleep. (Sunday, July 6) [I don't know about it literally exploding, but I can certainly understand the figurative sense!]

"Hmm. Actually, my Mandarin is so limited that I have no idea what that [Da lay goh pee-goo!] means. I hope it means, "Hey Adam, I'm doing fabulously and I live like a movie star!" " -- Adam, hoping that I had a more glamorous life. (Monday, July 7) [nah, it means "Hit your butt!".. though I wish I lived like a movie star at times.. it might be fun :P]

"You know what? I want to go to Winnipeg so my cousin can cut my hair." -- Yazmine, showing a really deep distrust of all the Vancouver hairdressers. (Tuesday, July 8) [she brings this up at least twice a month.. it seems a long way to go for just a haircut, even if her dad does have Air Canada guest passes that she can use to go anywhere she wants!]

"You won't be able to be bothered by me for a while." -- Corey, warning me about his trip. (Wednesday, July 9) [he'd told me of the trip before, and I miss him.. he's one of the few people whom I don't mind being bothered by, after all..]

"I want to do an uppercut and knock that guy's cigarette out of his mouth. That way, I can get the police over here and then play golf in jail.. coz they treat them like kings there!" -- Yazmine, showing a dislike of smokers / a perception of how prisoners are treated in our judicial system. (Friday, July 11) [I may not like smokers too much either, but I wouldn't do THAT.. besides, I can think of a few better places than jail to practice golf..]

"If you go there, don't eat any meat for a few days beforehand. You'll be getting plenty of meat to make up for it." -- Jon, telling Tracy about the "Memphis Blues prep routine." (Friday, July 11) [that is SO true, especially if you get an Elvis Platter..]


My sister's friend Emily from Toronto is staying with her for a few days, so we introduced her to a LOT of family in-jokes on the way to church. (no, I'm not telling you what they are) She met a bunch of people, including Emily. (that was amusing.. "Hey Emily, meet Emily! Hahaha..") Steph has got to take her for chicken knees one day.. just so Emily knows they exist, since nobody believed my sister in Toronto. (even after Steph stole the menu from Tsim Chai at her Christmas break) Then again, she has to try gelato (198 flavors in one place.. yay!), and Vancouver sushi. (Samurai Sushi, with HUGE sashimi pieces? oh my..)

We're all going to Memphis Blues tomorrow for Nathan's birthday dinner, too.. Danielle can't make it, for which we all bugged her. ("come ON, your relatives can do stuff ANYTIME.. right?!?") Justin L. was a bit ambivalent about the whole thing, and asked if they had any food other than the Elvis platter. Sure they do, but the resto experience is ALL about that huge platter.. wooyeah! ;) Definitely looking forward to it for sure. We also bugged Erin for skipping Sunday School to have lunch at the same Memphis Blues.. the leftover food she had was like 10% of the Elvis Platter.

Definitely a good day so far, and not feeling quite so vicious. So if you talk to me later on, you don't have anything to be afraid of.. well, except for my resident craziness! (which you all know about in any event.. mwahahaha :P)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home