Wednesday, January 29, 2003

Erika, Paulina, Nick, and Renit... Math and Spanish!

I'm going to type out all the notes that I've received from various people. Yes, I am that bored... this will probably be split up into at least a few entries since I have to keep character limits and such for a post in mind. This starts when I'm in Grade 9 or so. Wish I had the 500+ pages of notes I wrote Nick Krusek, haha.


Ah, Erika Fast... I lost touch with her and her sisters a long time ago. She was a grade below me, making her in Grade 8 at the time of this note. Found her sister Angela (we were in the same grade) on Facebook, though I haven't added her. That seems stalkerish! (she has a kid named Cheyenne who'd be about 15 now!)

Mar. 11, 1991 (Monday)

HI LESLIE! How's it hanging? Fine, I hope. You wanted me to write about my school life, so here goes.

Block A - Math (Mr. White)
Block B - Art (Mr. Cox)
Block C - Social Studies (Mr. Knapp)
Block D - French (Mrs. Spearman)
Block E - English (Mrs. Pankratz)
Block F - Home Economics (Mrs. Hirayama) - Sewing {she was a white woman married to a Japanese man... I thought that odd / weird at the time, but also cool}
Block G - P.E. (Mr. Lapa) - Football
Block H - Science (Mr. Linke)

My homeroom teacher is Mr. Wilson - he teaches Japanese, Learning, and E.S.L.

In Math, I am studying algebra. I really hate it. I don't really understand it. In Art right now, we are drawing flowers - it's not that fun, either. In Socials, we are working on our bonus project. We don't have to do it, but if we want to bring up our grades, then we can. It is on 43 great people - we have to do 200 words for each. I've handed in seven, and I got perfect on all of them, so I have a total of 35 marks. In French, we are learning the words to get up, etc. - all what we do in a day. In English, we are working on a Myth project, which is fun. In Sewing, we are making a bag - it is really nice and almost finished. In P.E., we are doing football (it is so cool out), and finally, we are studying light in Science.

My grades on my report card are:

Block A: Math (C-)
Block B: Art (C+ B)
Block C: Social Studies (C-)
Block D: French (E)
Block E: English (C+)
Block F: Home Economics (B)
Block G: P.E. (C+)
Block H: Science (C-)

I made a mistake on Art, sorry... I got a B, which is not that bad, right? Know that I don't like Jeni, the loopy one... the one that lied and said her name was Susan. She is so stupid; I hate her. Don't show her this. It is now 11:19 PM on March 11. Late, huh. I am lying in bed. I should go to bed soon, but I will finish the letter.

I was meaning to ask you why (at the start of the letter) did you write "I am sorry for everything that has passed between us" and then you crossed it out. I don't want to make you mad, but you started us fighting. Anyway, I hope we don't fight anymore. Another thing I have been meaning to tell you is that I can't read your writing. It is too bunched together - please, can you write neater? My animals are a cat (Stu), two newts (lizards), three gerbils, and a dog (Brutus), but he doesn't live with us. My cat is so different - he likes to hug you and then he purrs really loud.

Anyway, it is 11:26 and I am getting tired, so I should go to bed. I am really glad we're friends. Also, I am listening to music. The song Peppiest Shade of Soul is on. My sister Amber would like you to write her a note - and write me back!

Your friend forever (hopefully),

Erika Fast


This was written as part of an exchange in Spanish 9 class:

(drawings everywhere - food on a table [ham and chocolate?], dog, house, a heart)

Wednesday, April 3, 1991.

Dear Leslie,

Hello. How are you, my friend? My name is Paulina. I am 12 years old. Thank you for the letter. I like dancing. I like Casa Guatemala because there is a river, there are many kids, and Abi's boat comes to visit. I hope that you can visit me soon. Do you like Canada? I would like to visit one day. Do you like to study Spanish? I like to study English and speak it too. Love, Paulina.



Ah, the infamous "Renit Bains, Nick Turner, and Math 9 class" notes! My notes / responses are in regular type, Renit's are in italics, and Nick's are in bold. This is with the obvious exception of foreign words and such.

Wednesday, April 10, 1991.

Hi Renit,

I missed you on Monday. Where were you? I heard you were sick or something. Hope you're feeling better because on Monday, I had to put up with Nick all period, not to mention a few other people. But secretly, I think Nick was glad because he didn't have to talk to you! (just kidding) Another reason I think Nick was glad is that he could talk to me all period long, and not get interrupted by you! (not that he DID do that, mind you) Oh well, I'll let you read this and let me know what you think about it, okay? Fine.

I was on vacation in California.

Oh, sorry. And don't listen to Nick too long or else your mind will become warped, just like his! (only kidding) Hope you had a good time in California, because I had a good time in Victoria.

I'm talking to Nick right now. I'll write later, okay?

Fine.


Same day, another note.

Nick,

Since you keep on reading my notes to Renit, I thought it would only be fair to write you a note if you want one that badly. You WOULD get a better mark than I did on that French project. You WOULD beat me by 19 marks, wouldn't you? Well, James Lockhart beat YOU by nine marks, so there! HA HA HA!

Well, Good!!! I'm still better than YOU!

Yeah well, you don't have to write so big. I can read, you know. What mark do you have in French?

C+

Oh, my God! So many cryptic symbols!


Thursday, March 11, 1991.

Nick,

You got a C+ in French?! Ha ha! I got a B! (74.6%)

Well. Sorry, Nerdé! (It's in French)

Yeah... well, top this!

Tu es un poco tonto!
It's in Spanish!


Well, TOP THIS!

CHI-CHI DE MALDRE
It's in Spanish.


I don't think so. I don't believe you.

TOP THIS!

Je pense que tu es un stupide imbecile!

Ouch!


Nice answer, Nick, but I still don't think that Chi-chi de maldre is Spanish. Anyhow, I was only kidding. Okay? Anyhow, I've got English next... how about you? And please write smaller, okay?

[squiggle] wrote, so Bye!

And I don't mean THAT small!!! Sheesh!

[squiggles and random lines]

What is this?! Another one of your cryptic symbols, I suppose. I mean for you to write so I can understand what you are saying! You are hopeless, but that doesn't mean I give up!!!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home