Thursday, January 23, 2003

Emails and people not showing up

Is anyone reading this? If so, everyone raise your hands and tell me just how much you all HATE people who don't bother to show up when they say they will.. had that experience AGAIN today.. sheeeeeeeeeeesh! At least LET ME KNOW if you're not going to show up! man, oh man..

The person I was supposed to meet called me up just now and it turns out we were at the same pizza place, but we missed each other.. weeeeeeeeeeeird. Then again, perhaps not so weird, considering we have no idea on what the other looks like. Next week, perhaps. If he's going to pick me up at the apartment, then we definitely won't miss each other. (and for those of you with overactive imaginations, this person is my new social worker.. NOT some dude I'm looking to establish a relationship with :P)

On another note, I got myself another book chock-full of trivia questions and answers at Chapters.. I can hear you now: "MORE of that stuff?!?" You betcha.. I live for the weird facts and stuff.. :P (never mind that they never tend to stay in my brain for very long.. that's why I have books with the facts inside, so I can look them up later on when I want to)

Just got an email from some dude entitled "sheesh!".. one part of me really doesn't want to know what that's about, and it's cringing inside / wondering what I did to deserve such approbation (certainly some things, I know.. but recently? oh goodness) .. and the other part of me says that I at least have to open it and see what's up.. now is the moment of truth, I guess...

Turns out the "sheesh!" wasn't directed at me, but at certain other people on the SDMB.. thank goodness for that! here's the email, with certain identifying information left out: (for those of you who want to know, email me)

_____________________________________________________________________________
I was just reading your thread that ponders the age old question, "What if Cecil was banned?" Waitaminute... you may be the first person to have ever posted a thought like this and that would make you a visionary.

BTW - I really like the thread and am working on a reply, but I am also thinking what the heck is some people's problem?

[Certain people] seem to have a dislike of you for some reason, but I wouldn't get too worked up over it. That just wastes valuable energy that you should save for thinking up some seriously strange yet refreshing questions.
______________________________________________________________________________

I know quite well who he's talking about, but won't give them the satisfaction of being mentioned directly here. I'm not going to let it get to me at all.. there's nothing I can do about it, and I won't compromise or back down just so that they will like me. Of course, I care what people think of me, but there's only so far you can go until you start messing up your own ideals. Those people haven't really ever liked me.. I met one of them some time ago, and she seemed nice enough at the time, but you never know.. not worth the time or energy to get seriously bugged over, in my opinion.

Actually, the name on the email sounds kind of similar to that of some other dude I used to know in Gr. 11.. wonder whatever happened to Keith Holmgren.. did the dude achieve musical fame on Broadway and such like he was hoping to? Who knows.. but I haven't thought of the dude in years, and seeing the (different) name on the email has brought back memories of music concerts and goings-on in the music portable. (no, not THOSE kinds of goings-on.. he was gay :P)

Back to the grind, then... P also called me "m'lady" and bid me adieu, as his mattress was calling him. That's so sweet, and made me grin like I haven't in a week or so! :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home