Monday, May 23, 2011

Burnaby Heritage Museum and the DF barbecue = a win-win!

This morning, Teunis and I went to the Burnaby Village Museum for their Victoria Day celebrations - we discussed word connotations (Scott's dad can't HAVE anything since he's dead!), Victor Borge, traffic, city names, the BBQ, Richmond Nature Park, the RCMP detachment, airing out / vacuuming the place, gum, hairspray scent (really hand sanitizer), his childhood, nostalgia, pot pie, and more on the way there. There were 1920s-style one-room schoolhouses / Chinese herbal stores (Grandma might like it!) / trams / carousel and gift shop / post offices / banks / churches / dry goods stores / blacksmiths / Morris dancers / a parade / outhouses, silent movies with Charlie Chaplin, and more. We did indeed see Kaili and her mom, heh. Discussed his mom and brother having a bunch of old stuff, sewing machines, ice cream, cake, speaking French, dolls, perfume, paper airplanes, and more - he did complain when I dragged him out of there at 2-ish because I wanted to check out the BBQ, calling it "being rushed."

I did sympathize, but the BBQ *did* have a definite end time, and I'd had my fill of the museum environment - at least I got a free 40th Anniversary pin, and it's free admission all year, hahaha. When we got to the park, I talked to Joey / Rich / Sam / Emily L. / Emily T. / Hien / Quan / Margaret / Amy / Amanda / Jonathan / Hung / Lesley / Sarah C. / Sonya / Jessica / Paul / Jeremy Y. / Mike K. / Stanley / Mary / Victor / Lanie / Hilary / Elaine / Julie. Discussed work, falling asleep, shampoo, football, their camp next weekend, hot dogs, people from church, my friend (Teunis - Elaine recognizes him from Easter / Hien told him that sun was good for you!), facepainting, Jon, an email from Jeremy J. about the hockey game tomorrow (Paul let me hold his phone to read it), durian, clothing, Sonya's car having an Alberta license plate, and more. On the way home, Teunis and I didn't discuss much, but we did talk about "GO CANUCKS GO" / the NHL / frozen yogurt / radio shows.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home