Sunday, April 10, 2011

White people and their pronunciation of "Joseph" drive me INSANE! / Yay for brunch!

When Eric called to pick me up this morning, I realized that I put my pants on backwards - of course, fixing this (since I didn't want to go around all morning like that) and getting things ready only created a further delay! I apologized for this when I got into his car, and he wondered whether my pockets or the pants material would provide a clue! The pockets did, and that was what prompted me to check just before leaving! We talked about our respective Saturdays (he said he'd ask Denise whether I were drunk), the wings night at Jeremy's, Dylan / Deb / Jon / Harmony / Christon, Randal as my "good buddy" (I DON'T THINK SO!), his catching Vicky's cold (WHY DO PEOPLE GO OUT TO A NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTION WHEN THEY'RE SICK?!), the Masters, golf, football, Team 1040, the hockey playoffs, the Dallas Stars, SLB scheduling (Randal is NOT getting invited since I don't approve of him!), and more on the way to church. We saw Randal's red Hyundai Accent while walking to the building from the daycare, so Eric had to bug me about that!

By the time it got to the sermon, I was cringing and saying "ouch" each time Pastor Tom said the name "Joseph" because he mispronounced it in the same way John Auxier did - it's NOT "Yozif," people! I communicated this to Eric via a note on my bulletin; in turn, he bugged me by writing "I believe in the power of Yozif and I" on his own bulletin. NO!!!!! BAD ERIC! But Pastor Tom did remind me of an olden method of torture / execution: tearing people limb from limb by using horses! When I laughed at that, it was Eric's turn to call ME bad! Hey, he KNOWS that I'm morbid! At the end of service, he wrote to tell me that he was counting offering, then leaving early for De Dutch - NICE! (he also drew a smiley face - trying to get ME to smile ain't gonna work!) I said hi to Harmony while Cindy was trying to get my attention: she had a Ziploc bag for me with mini stickers featuring music notes / dogs / hearts / happy faces / stars - so sweet!

On my way out of service, I said hi to Grandma (who was on her way INTO service), then Dad said that I had to look for Mom since she had stuff for me. Found Mom soon enough, and picked up my bag of toilet paper and books, plus one for Jon. (I promptly gave that to Harmony while I took a cookie from the snacks table - unlikely to have been touched by Randal, haha) On my way back from there, Eric caught me to ask whether I were going to Sunrise Service, so I asked HIM the same thing - seems like he is, and he told me that Randal had asked whether I were going. (for breakfast purposes, I guess) Since I didn't want to tell him in church not to be a shit-stirrer (I saved that for OUTSIDE of the building :P), my resulting answer of "He did NOT!!!!" could apparently be heard all over the church according to Eric later on. (I don't think so, but there IS the NG lungpower!) Unfortunately for me, Randal came up behind us right at that moment and gave me a strange look - hey man, speak of the devil, and he will come! (Eric on this later on: "Randal isn't the devil!" HEY, IT'S A COLLOQUIALISM!)

Said hi to Julie M., Wesley, Nathan, Billy, his son Benjamin, Auntie Catherine, and more people; I also let Auntie Ying know that I wouldn't be there to help with the toddlers. Jonathan asked Yvonne when her wedding was: in two and a half months?! We DID meet her around the summer of 2009, NOT 2005 like Jonathan was trying to say! While I was having a roaring good time talking to Enoch about life (he has three siblings, and is happy school is almost over - he and his classmates will probably SLEEP for days afterward!), Mr. Creep was approaching us. I excused myself to Enoch, and inserted myself into a conversation among Mary / Stanley / Hien. Apparently, Stanley was making "short" jokes at the girls' expense, so I told Hien to yell at him! That didn't work, but at least I tried! I was going to ask Jon about Easter dinner / SLB dinner scheduling, but had to leave when Mr. Creep was headed in my direction... maybe later. Noticed Mr. Creep talking to Jeremy, so I resolved to balance the universe by talking to Jeremy myself later - he said wing night had gone well, but there would probably have to be multiple batches if more than six people were there at a future wing night! Hahaha, sounds fair enough! He wondered where I'd been, so I explained about the pub invite.

When Eric finally showed up, I thought we could leave - they were setting up for Sunday School anyway. But no... he had to spend ten minutes talking to Raymond and Cindy about stuff. I know he likes Cindy or whatever, but if you need to GO FOR BRUNCH... *sigh* The "different" woman Teresa asked a bunch of us about any interest in her pouches or beads - nope! I said hi to Chrystal and wished her a happy early birthday, too. We FINALLY got going at 11:45 or so, and discussed issues / acceptance / Easter Sunrise Service and his not wanting to speak for me (he might as well in this instance since I'm NOT spending Easter morning with my parents!) / Australians / strangeness on our way into Richmond. Then he wondered whether I were going for lunch with them - since I'm not one to pass up a free meal (except under certain circumstances), I said sure.

Ron, Veronica, Eric, and I discussed maintenance for the Sunfire, birthday discounts, coupons, cruising, family stuff, the hockey game last night, Dutch pancakes (which ARE just like what Teunis cooks here), cheers for Eric's temporary work during the election, golf, tennis, Quizno's, and more. Of course I thanked them for the meal! Eric dropped me off at 1:20 after saying that I should tell Teunis to get me drunk for his birthday (NOT what you're thinking!) - NO! I was able to discuss Jordan showing off GUILDS OF WAR on Andrew's computer at MIDNIGHT (which wasn't unpacked yet) / the POO game / age differences in relationships (a 49-year-old with a 22-year-old, AND they have a four-year-old daughter?! CREEPY!), Kaili, spinach noodles and kimchi in a pot (to take with him in the car?!), radio shows, and more prior to Teunis leaving. At least I'll see him later! Noticed that Peter unfriended me AGAIN, and that Carley added me on another account - also, I got a few amusing messages from Jasmine. Hey, if we aren't friends anymore, I see no reason to protect your stuff - it's laughter city that she took four months to notice her CORRECT name! HAHAHAHA! (but I will protect Yolande's stuff since she asked)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home