Friday, April 08, 2011

Pub plans tomorrow / No adultery here! / Earthquake NOT the apocalypse! / ZEITGEIST

Denise sent me a message right before I left about any interest in drinks with her, Steph, and Lisa after Awana - maybe not the most affordable thing right now, but SURE if someone gets me at the church! It's also the last regular season hockey game (Vancouver vs. Calgary), so I got my Canucks jersey and NHL hat ready! Teunis also said he was worried about his mom since she apparently hasn't been home all week, AND her voicemail box is full when she's usually quite efficient at clearing it out - yeah, that's cause for concern. Says Alex and Amber were both online in WOW, so that method works for wondering what's up! (he found out later that his stepdad had medical issues - NOT AGAIN!) When Eric called, I answered with "adultery-free zone; how may I help you?" Hahahaha! He wondered what was up with THAT greeting, while Teunis just thought I was being silly - er, I suppose!

As I was going out to the parking lot, I saw Eric pretending to leave, so I did the same thing. When I got into the car, he asked about my week, so I told him everything - yes, we did go have gelato, and I think Nate would enjoy the Terracotta Warriors statues! We discussed a LOT of stuff on the way to Kevin's, believe me! He, Kevin, Christon, Martin, Phyllis, Vicky, and I talked about the usual stuff (and blueberry tarts / Vaisakhi / aquarium water) during Bible Study - and (as usual) the prayer portion took too long for my tastes. Not that I have anything against prayer, but seriously - ONE SENTENCE SHOULD NOT TAKE MORE THAN 30 SECONDS! Apparently, Martin and Phyllis plan to get married on Oct. 22 - good luck with that! Christon reminded me about wings and such at Jeremy's - I can't make it due to the pub invite, Vicky's in Seattle (her sister got back from HONG KONG and wants to shop in Seattle; go figure!), Martin can't, and Kevin will be busy baking. THAT was the most unexpected answer, even with the explanation that it's his turn to do Sunday snacks! On the way home, Eric and I discussed the strictures of the Christian religion / interventions and why it's not necessary / worship seminars / hanging out. At home, Caroline reminded me to re-watch ZEITGEIST - I remember watching that when distracting myself from THE EVIL ONE back in 2007!

Phyllis: "The earthquake MUST be a sign of Christ coming, and the end times!" Um, no? It's just a NATURAL event with TECTONIC plates! While I don't necessarily disagree with the fact that there will be end times (and perhaps signs of such before the big event), I don't think it's a BIG SIGN OF JESUS CHRIST'S SECOND COMING!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home