Monday, April 04, 2011

Tapenade Bistro, good strategy, safer profiles, and green bling sweaters

I just missed the bus when heading out, so of course I cursed the Committee Meeting! When the next bus came, Jon and Harmony were on it - that's probably a good thing, since I had no idea how to get to the Tapenade Bistro! We discussed the cherry blossom festival this afternoon at Van Dusen Gardens (cherry blossoms will always remind me of Dave), the cold weather, naps, Committee Meeting, attendance, Steph / Lisa / good strategy to leave the country immediately afterward / the lards' possible reaction (they might calm down when she gets back), Randal's emails, and more. While we were walking in the alley to get to the restaurant, we heard a series of beeps just behind us - of course we took the ride from Steph since it was raining! (talked about Jose, beer, tequila, his engagement to Shally, Alan, and more) When we got to the restaurant, we looked around for the lards' car, but we couldn't find it - it was also strange that they hadn't called Jon or Steph. It turns out that they were there already, and Steph had received a missed call when we actually got inside!

We talked about Mom thinking that Teunis could be my boyfriend (which led to the "BAD NEWS" of Teunis' new girlfriend in California), Mom saying weird things, "Easter" dinner, Nathan, Lisa, lamb, the POO / LOG gifts, Jon and Harmony's Portland trip, Powell's bookstore, the world's youngest grandmother (a Gypsy wife of 23), someone finding a finger in Tim Horton's chili, Jeremy being a good person for me (er...), Michael and Juliana getting married, text message etiquette (lessons for Mom!), Myles and Brit getting engaged, fresh halibut, bread, my system for everything, bouillabaisse, and Groupons / refunds from Social Shopper because of massive customer dissatisfaction. Also talked about our actually NOT reading most of the emails that Mom sends us (since they tend to be forwards from Auntie Anna or Auntie Teresa - WHO HAS THAT KIND OF TIME?!), Mom's "dismayed horror" reaction to that, slapping me on the butt, dogs, Harmony and Steph thinking that I had feelings for Teunis (I don't think so, but if I do, they'd better be GONE right quick since I don't mess with THAT!), Mom thinking that I could change his heart / wondering if I ever wanted to see him again (unbeknownst to her, I gotta see him EVERY DAY from Tuesday onward...), Kate and her love for the Backstreet Boys, Liz, Carly, and more. Grandma complimented my green bling sweater, and was actually smiling when Steph took a picture of her and Jon!

Looked at the dessert menu even though we were going to have stuff at the townhouse later. Once there, we looked up border collies on the Internet, then decided to look at Mom's Hotmail account since she insisted that we needed to see "The Top 10 of Everything!" which was a forward from Auntie Teresa. Then we also apparently needed to see a forward from Auntie Anna which was a video about a goose named Maria who is in love with an old man! Steph and I went upstairs with Grandma while she put things in her room; we were afraid she'd forget to come back downstairs since her memory IS that bad now! Mom was otherwise occupied with tea, Napoleon dessert, black sesame dessert, and other things when Steph and I decided to creep Mom's Facebook profile - she hasn't added her yet, and neither will I for differing reasons! Her profile now has more photos for her friends to comment on; it's also safer since Steph removed her cell number.

While having dessert, we talked about Nathan / "Easter" dinner plans (could be as early as next week) / work / pay scales / Jon and Harmony not wanting to break Lent / Grandma thinking I should come over / the lards' New England cruise in May / the respite centre for Grandma / how it's easy to forget things if you don't do them right away / sleeping over / my passport / the Brontë sisters and tuberculosis or consumption / the GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO books / Dave and Yvonne getting married / being invited to Mike and Emily's wedding / Lisa. I observed Grandma doing dishes - two plates at once is really not the thing to do! Later, Mom gave us apples / potatoes / seaweed / Uncle Ben's rice... I declined her offer of candles. Just because she saw me buying them ONCE doesn't mean I like them! I could have been buying them for others or bought it once, only to decide I didn't like those! Then she told Jon and Harmony to hurry up and go to "Maury's" house - the four of us had a "WTF?" look on our faces, I'm sure! Turns out she meant HOLLY - and she did this a few times before we finally left!

We talked about / to Nathan ("his fervent admirers," indeed!) on the way to Peter and Holly's, then Steph and I just discussed THE BIG REVELATION! When I got home, I caught up on stuff - Teunis apologized for this morning, so I had to give him the text equivalent of a mother scolding her child for running into a busy street. He says he picked up something random / neat for me, so we'll see about that! Also says he's looking forward to returning here - I note he didn't use the word "home," when this should be like home to him! Oh, I don't know what to feel anymore anyway...

Denise also sent me a message about drinks before Steph leaves for Haiti. I think I'll respond to that later - I'm sure there would be people interested in coming to such an event, but my brainspace isn't up to processing that right now.


Here's the picture of me in the green bling sweater:

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home