Sunday, March 20, 2011

Baby Micah smiled at me again! / Create your own Pho!

When Eric picked me up, I told him half-seriously that his friend needed to be killed - THEY RUINED MY WEEKEND ROUTINE! (then I started talking like a hick while giving him the butter fudge) He asked whether I'd made arrangements for a ride home, so I said that I'd just hope people actually wanted to go for lunch! I told him that I don't let go of things easily, and he wondered whether I was talking about grudges OR whether this showed me that I might need to look into that! Uh, this was just a fluff Blogthings quiz, not a huge psychological test dealie! Then he wondered whether I'd talk to Randal today to show that I let bygones be bygones: I WILL NEVER FORGET! (he did say that the Keg was good... NO EVIL!) Was I interested in the mid-week get-together idea, he asked? NO! He started in on the "Leslie is drunk / The Cheat is not dead!" joke, and then wondered whether he could sing Christmas songs - NO! I told him that if he DID, he would get the same reaction an acquaintance of mine got when she sent me an invite to a NEW YEAR'S party taking place on HALLOWEEN: "Dude, check your calendar!" He wondered whether it was a wicked party, and whether she was a witch - I have no idea, although I do think she's pagan! I made sure he sat next to me during service after waving to Grace / Denise, too! (chatted briefly to Melia and Angus on our way to church) Of course, Eric bugged me by showing me the Riley Park skating insert... contrary to what Randal said at the end of service, not EVERYONE will skate if it's free!

I didn't feel like singing anything this week, so didn't... Daniel was his usual worship leader self, haha. After service, I asked Jeremy whether he was up for lunch later: since he was, I officially had other plans when my mom buttonholed me in the foyer, haha. At least she delivered on the cutlery and Sidekicks... I gave the Kraft Dinner and Cheerios away to Auntie Ying and Jessie, haha. I asked Jeremy where Jon was - on the other side of the room talking to Mr. Creep - DON'T WELCOME HIM, MAN! Choosing to ignore his presence, I gave Harmony her birthday card and chocolate now since they'll be in Portland next week, and gave Jon another card to sign. I SAW RICHIE, WHO'S IN TOWN FOR THE WEEKEND! Talked to Andrew, Lincoln, Phil (his hands were full with baby Micah, but he got an early birthday card anyway), Micah (he smiled at me when I played peek-a-boo!), Edwin and Jane, Cindy (she liked the religious stickers!), Dianne (she was up for lunch if it was outside!), Hung, Victor (the sleepover was interesting), and more people. Said hi to Lily and her kids Hannah and Gavin - Hannah will be going to Quilchena Elementary pretty soon! (she's 4.5 now) Melia gave me Emily and Mike's wedding invite: JULY 30, at Swan-E-Set! OH MY!

Alexis, Ramen, David, Evelyn, Ashley, Shira, a new kid named Eugene, Andy, Esther, and Anastasia were in Toddler Sunday School today. I threw away a whole bunch of felts that had dried out; these silly kids almost never put the lids back on! Andy chose not to go to circle time, so he and I had fun with the Etch-A-Sketch instead - he seems to like me, haha. Evelyn showed me a toy bee, and I interacted with the rest of the kids too. By the time we were done, Adult Sunday School still hadn't finished yet! (I said hi to Sean and Conor S. - they were kicking the black mesh since it was "cool") A while later, Martin drove me and Kevin to the Pho across the street from the old church, while Jeremy biked there - we would have beaten him there (he was stuck behind a bus) but for traffic! The menu has definitely changed since the last time I was there - colorful pictures, oh my! Raymond, Lesley, Cindy, and Dianne joined us later; we talked about a book Cindy wanted us to sign for Andrea and Chuck (she and Lesley are visiting them for six days during Spring Break - from there, I learned that Stella is expecting AGAIN), Dianne saying that their awesome couch and multiple yogurt choices in the fridge were major selling points, the GO train, the TTC, Pearson Airport, Create Your Own Pho, the "large" bowls not being so big (Jeremy and I will eat snacks this afternoon!), Martin's engagement / proposal, Dianne's experience in Ghana (chickens and goats running around everywhere and foraging for food - the people being so athletic and HARD-BUTTED), housing, reports, files, the Middle East, Libya's no-fly-zone, Superstore, health, and more.

After we paid and left, we spent a few minutes talking about the Canada Line stations and such - I should have accepted Martin's offer to drive me to Broadway Station even though I'd still have to take the #99 or #9, because my mom hailed me RIGHT WHEN I WAS GOING TO GET ON THE BUS! I got home faster, but she did ask what became of the big bag of stuff - I was downsizing, but she didn't need to know that I didn't keep the Kraft Dinner, either! Grandma says she eats Fillet O'Fish from McDonalds - I know that! Mom bought up the Banff bus tour - I'm not sold on it by any means, but at least I know when her cruise is: May 17-24!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home