Sunday, March 20, 2011

Kansas, Rush, Trapper Keepers, Corey, M&Ms, gay dream, Matchbox Twenty's PUSH

We discussed getting more apples, fuel, chicken, rice, frozen veggies, leftovers, Minute Rice not behaving, disconnection threats, the band Kansas / Rush being Mormon (didn't know that), tea, coffee, chocolate chai, Irish fighting songs / Catholics vs. Protestants / insults, and British Christmas songs. Also talked about Sting, the delightfully morbid PORTAL song, the Necromonicon, zombie songs, songs which make fun of STAR TREK, parodies, singing along to tunes, and more prior to my going to bed.

I had a dream which involved Jon coming out as gay to our father, who merely asked how this would impact Harmony. My sister and I were reading old colored newspaper comics like THE WIZARD OF ID at the table, and I looked at her - she didn't give any outward reaction. Later, he wrote us a note: "Hey, Lenten girl! I only did that to see how Dad would react - I'm not really gay, so see you at the church conference in the old pews!" Dad also made me go check the mail at 7:15 AM, with nothing but toy guns for protection - he thought there was something lurking in the shadows! I remember thinking sarcastically, "Thanks for the inadequate protection!" The newspaper boy had good aim, and managed to get the paper right in the mailbox hooks at 7:55 AM when it was just getting light out. Interesting dream...

I emailed Corey to wish him a happy belated birthday, including the 30th birthday card text. This is what he wrote back: "I didn't have a bad haircut. I didn't have a C64; we had a better computer, the Commodore Amiga. I did have a Trapper Keeper. I can't name all the New Kids. I remember styrofoam. Kelly was hot, definitely no crush on Zack." HAHAHAHAHA! I risked waking Teunis up by laughing at this reply, but I figure there was no harm done!




You Are a Brown M&M



You are a very emotional person. You are sympathetic and compassionate to friends and strangers.

You can be accommodating and attentive, but you never let anyone walk all over you.



You're nice, but you're also shrewd. People are constantly underestimating you.

You love easily, and you become attached quickly. Sometimes you are unable to let go.


Heard this on the radio this morning, too! YAY!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home