Sunday, January 30, 2011

We get to go to Kevin's house! / ALL-STAR GAME!

When Eric picked me up this morning, he bugged me (in English and French) about the frost / being drunk / what would happen if Dave Wong and Eric Ho were at service at the same time / "being in love with Eric Ho because you got him to drive you to MissionsFest." (CRAZY!) At least it was a sunny day - he wished me a good morning, so I said that we'd have to see about this, haha. Told him that Jon and Harmony would be at MissionsFest this morning instead, and why. I wondered when our semi-annual membership meeting would be, since it's usually around this time of year, what with the Super Bowl and everything else. If it was next week, we'd have to reschedule our Committee Meeting - I'd approve of THAT reason for rescheduling, and not because stupid people are coming in from the airport! Due to a route change, we ended up being just on time for service - Eric definitely had to jaywalk to make it to the sound room! I sat behind Jen and Randal (I thought of days gone by), and said hi to Nathan - he's procrastinating on his homework till later today. Hahaha, I remember doing that... AND getting yelled at by my mother because of it, too! Pastor Tom had a good sermon, but saved the illustrations and jokes for the end - different format, for sure. The announcements answered Eric's and my question about the membership meeting; when I told him later that it was Feb. 20, he wondered if it was against the church constitution and bylaws! No idea...

I saw Grandma on my way to the fellowship hall, and she wanted to know if I was going with them for lunch, so I just told her that I didn't know. In reality, Eric wasn't planning on going with everyone for lunch, but she didn't need to know that! I asked her where Mom was, but she was unclear - I went to the foyer, where I saw Dad (gave him my tax envelope); he directed me to the sound room. Eric gave me a pink plastic bag - a ladle, apple, orange, and some chocolate cookies! Said hi to Hung (who introduced me to his friend Gino), Deb (our weeks were pretty nice), Edwin, his wife Jane, Phil and baby Micah, Grace (no exam track for Micah's piano lessons!), Yvonne, Karen and Lincoln (their Caribbean trip was HOT!), the twins Adam and Andrew, Pastor Tom's wife Sandi (one of her kids was fighting a cold), Cindy, Grace, Lawrence, Joey ("where's Steph lately?" "how's it going with your crutches?"), and more people.

Eventually, I made my way upstairs (saying hi to Rich and Winnie on the way) where I got distracted by Jeff, Anita, and baby Joanna. Once I got to the Cubbies room, I saw a lot of kids still there from the earlier class - Frances and Helen said they had EIGHTEEN KIDS today! Said hi to little Micah, David, Evelyn, Margaret, Ramen, Shira, Mattias (who used a lot of English today like "I got a train!" - GOOD!), Ada, Ashley (who had Chinese stickers), and others. Met Pastor Tom's younger daughter Alexis (the one with the cold) - she definitely wasn't feeling too well, poor kid! The kids seemed to enjoy their time with us, and I reminded Auntie Ying about getting together one day - maybe somewhere central between Richmond and Burnaby, depending on what we're doing!

Afterwards, I went downstairs to see what was up. Eric and Cindy were talking about Dine Out Vancouver, Indian food, Robbie Burns Day, his having haggis for the first time at Alistair's later today, her not being able to make it to Kevin's for Bible Study this Friday since her parents are coming back from their epic trip to China / New Zealand / Australia (a cruise!), Eric's worship music project, and more. Cindy still doesn't know her way around Richmond too well, so got lost on her way to a family wedding yesterday - and it had been raining pretty hard too! She'd apologized to her brother Tony for having to pick her up around #3 / Alderbridge - the addresses AREN'T really posted, and it was hard to see! When we got around to discussing kids' real dietary preferences (fruit vs. candy - they actually hate candy, and will eat fruit like oranges and such!), Jeremy had joined us.

We spent some time discussing sugar, BHT added "for freshness," one healthy thing (like fruit) added to otherwise BAD stuff, and other things before Jocelyn came in and hugged us hello. She's back from Japan for good (more or less) after five and a half years! Christon was around, too - Eric spent time telling him about his dinner plans before we finally left! On the way home, we discussed my "partying with Teunis" (hardly!) / maybe getting him to come out to such unlikely meetings as Bible Study and the GMM (I'm sure he'll be ALL over that... *sarcasm* ) / "the Cheat is not dead!" / "incoming message from the big giant head!" / the All-Star Game from Raleigh (new team format - drafting! - Lindstrom! - the Sedins playing against each other for the first time - the Staal brothers on the same team for the first time - Clay Aiken) / Friday. At home, I figured the best (read: least intrusive) way for me to listen to the All-Star Game was to blast it from the radio in my room, leaving the door open. At least, it's better than turning on the radio in here... once the game and post-game is done, I think I'll turn it back off. According to LJ, Teunis went to bed after 5 AM! I mainly hear a lot of scoring (which is what I expected), and a segment on Wayne Gretzky! Hey, they're calling the FIRST-EVER PENALTY SHOT in All-Star Game history (58 years) - SHUT DOWN BY LUNDQUIST! Edited: Final score was 11-10 for Lidstrom!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home