Friday, January 28, 2011

MissionsFest 2011: Chinese Eric, umbrellas, eating NOW, and more!

While Teunis was telling me about Greek mythology and CLASH OF THE TITANS (bad movie trailers!), Chinese Eric called to say that he was here - I told him to just wait outside, since his coming in wouldn't really help! I got to see the new family car, which has a GPS built into it - very handy! We talked about letting things go, Nathan, advice, the wedding drama shows he'd seen (I'm not judging him!), saving money, fights, his mother, personal stuff, the terrible traffic (I don't think he was late on purpose!), Jon and Harmony, honeymoons, his health, Christian jokes, his wanting to go to church / Fellowship (but sleep wins out), and more on the way to Canada Place. He dropped me off at the door while he went to go find parking, so I used that time to grab him a MissionsFest guide and scout out the (very busy) food court! When he came in again, I convinced him that we'd run out of time to eat dinner, so we went to the plenary session early instead. We sat near the back so we could see people we recognized coming in - Christon, white Eric, and Geoffrey came in a few minutes later. After we'd kind of moved our seats, one of Jon's SERVANTS friends came in with someone from the group - I moved my jacket just in case, haha. Chinese Eric recognized Lesley when she came in with Joey (still on crutches) - I joked that she was the bane of my existence! Raymond came in later; thankfully, there were two empty chairs between us! (also saw Dylan, Deb, and Vicky)

Chinese Eric asked if Jon was coming, but received an answer from White Eric that he and Harmony were going to a play instead! He joked to me that he wondered what was more important... a (presumably non-Christian) play or GOD, hahaha! We settled down to listen to the announcements and music, as well as leaf through the guides before singing some worship songs. (he and I shared a "blessing hug" with plenty of space between us) When the speaker came on (the daughter of World Vision's founder), she was pretty good. Chinese Eric left to go to the washroom, so of course I watched his guide and umbrella for him! After about 20 minutes, I was a bit worried when he didn't come back! However, I knew that he might have to top up his parking meter as well. I had given him all the small change I had for that - only 35ยข, and wished it was more. Some lady wanted to sit in his vacated seat, so I told her that it was taken... then she wanted to know who was sitting there! TRUST ME, LADY - IF THIS WEREN'T A CHRISTIAN CONFERENCE, YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT I'D SAY! I had to leave to go to the washroom myself soon afterward, then came back as everyone was exiting to make room for 1700+ young people!

Saw Dylan and Deb, who asked if I were going to the exhibits - yes, I was! I went around with Christon, white Eric, Geoffrey, and Raymond - said hi to Wesley at a booth, and also to Johnny looking around. We talked about the Fellowship retreat - no, we don't know anything yet as Committee members! (white Eric HAD to say hi to Randal as we passed him by...) Told white Eric that I was going to look for a garbage can, but in reality I went to the front foyer to see if Chinese Eric were there. He wasn't, but I did bump into Emily T. / Mike K. / Citrus / Stanley / other people I knew. Went back to the exhibit hall, where Christon was busily texting up a storm with someone - white Eric asked if I were ready to leave, and I said I was. He figured that I'd need a ride home if we couldn't locate Chinese Eric, and that turned out to be the case... we DID bump into him when we got out of the way of a bunch of young people, however. Chinese Eric had gotten something to eat since he felt as if he needed it, so of course his health took priority over driving me home... very understandable! He thanked me for taking care of his stuff, and white Eric for driving me home from the Skytrain station. I said I'd call him next week or something to see what was going on - good thing we located him, otherwise I'd be sending him a "DUDE, WHERE ARE YOU?!" email right about now, hahaha! When white Eric wondered if I needed to eat dinner too (since Chinese Eric and I had run out of time earlier), I said I'd just eat when I got home, even if we were in the food court now.

White Eric, Geoffrey, and I made our way to the Canada Line station from the Skytrain station, and got an airport train right away - it was an uneventful trip to the car, save for Eric noticing my reading material (Bathroom Reader #23) and observing that I wasn't in the bathroom! HAHAHAHA, YOU ARE INCORRIGIBLE! We drove Geoffrey home, and then made our own way home - yes, I let Geoffrey sit in the front for once! Eric and I discussed Robbie Burns Day (HAGGIS!), Teunis staying over now, cooking, Dine Out Vancouver with his parents, having to get up bright and early for sound duties on Sunday, my having the same problem that he does in trying to figure out HOW to do this, pork roast, amazing people, my reactions to his teasing, supposed "rudeness," and more. Ate some noodles almost immediately upon getting home, and feel better now too!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home