Wednesday, December 08, 2010

No idea if I'd be a Dranei with mint tea, dude... / Garth Brooks and the javelin

When Eric picked me up, he said that I had to be drunk... nope, although I did say that I wasn't high just because I was reacting to a blue car and yellow taxi in front of us! We talked about WORLD OF WARCRAFT sunflowers and zombies, how MOST people had SOME good in them, the dessert night, trying to find parking around Dylan's, my not sleeping at 5 PM when he claims he tried calling me, and other things. When we finally got to Dylan's, Kevin and Jen said hi to me while Dylan offered me either juice or mint tea - TEA! He said that Vivian couldn't make it as she was quite busy with school... not surprised! The Committee meeting was more evidence of insular thinking, although I thought we were trying to branch out. Talked about Tim, Maxine, South Africa, controversy, geography, Martin, Randal (ugh), Christon, Christian things, Missions Fest (I have a date for that, so I should tell Chinese Eric), pavlova, speakers, Phil, Jose, discouragement, the dessert night, SERVANTS, Vicky, Carmen, Albert, and other things. I'm definitely not going on Friday, or to the curling program in January. The next meeting is January 10, and Dylan thinks we should meet up just to hang out. MORE TIME WITH PEOPLE?! Well, at least these ones are largely good.

Afterwards, Jen said that she finally got an internship with the aquarium (I heard "the Ukraine" and was like WTF?!), and we discussed iPhones and such - yeah, she's back living with her mom. At least she doesn't have to worry about certain issues getting in the way of her thinking, that's for sure! We had to drop her off later, but I couldn't wait to get home so I could take care of certain things. Eric and I discussed Christmas carols, Christmas being joyous (not for EVERYONE!), what I would be in WOW, Dranei / trolls / humans / dwarfs / goblins, spiking my tea / being giddy, falling asleep on the couch, Vespers, and more on the way home. Crazy person!


Trivia fact for Wednesday, Dec. 8: For what sport did country singer Garth Brooks receive a partial athletic scholarship from Oklahoma State University? Javelin throwing. Brooks, who attended CSU from 1981 to 1984, gave up javelin competition after he failed to make the Big Eight Conference finals in his senior year.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home