Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sports today through kinghoods, hatpins, and teeth! / STUPID OATMEAL! / Coke

High-scoring words of the night:

SPORTS (160 points) - against Angela V. [4W, two 2W]
TODAY (108 points) - against Jane K. [two 3W]
HATPINS (124 points) - against Jan H. [5W, hook off GREAT to make HA / AT]
GALLIED (165 points) - against Millie F. [5W, 3W] {a good deficit-erasing word!}
KINGHOOD (230 points; 5W, 2W), TOXIN (280 points; 5W, 4W) - against Nettie T.
TOOTH (275 points) - against Cameron J. [two 5W]
ISOLATE (307 points) - against Sheila P. [2W, two 4W, hook off VAC for a plural]


I was going to visit Grandma today; as usual, time and bus schedules worked against me as the 430 is only available till about 8:30 PM. Maybe tomorrow... or Friday if I really DO wish to skip that program, haha! Vancouver lost 2-1 in a shootout tonight against Chicago, too.

I went out in the fog earlier tonight to get some V8 Tropical Blend juice, oat / raisin / apple Vital cookies, and some Quaker quick oats (a better buy than the pre-packaged flavored stuff, even if THAT was on sale at $2.99) from London Drugs. I had to break out my warm toque! Noticed that the clerk who served me was named CARVER... okay, then! I wasn't originally going to get the oats, but since they're also microwaveable (the steel-cut oats apparently weren't) and a better buy at $5.99 for 2.25kg, I decided to.

At home, I just put the double-bagged stuff near the middle of the dining table, like Teunis did with his flour and like what I did with Dallas' rice and such when he stored his stuff with me over the summer. Should be okay from a mice standpoint, I hope... on second thought, considering the amount of time I just had to spend CLEANING oatmeal from the microwave and counter surfaces when the bowl broke its seal while it was cooking, I don't think I'll get the stuff ever again! Yay for wasted money? :P


Trivia fact for Thursday, Oct. 21: For what product - still being sold today - were the first promotional coupons offered more than 100 years ago? Coca-Cola, in 1894. Asa Candler, the enterprising druggist who purchased the Coke formula, distributed handwritten tickets through employees and magazines, offering a free glass of what was then a soda-fountain drink.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home