Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I only had to endure half an hour... that's all I could take!

I really did NOT want to go to my parents' place tonight for dinner. In fact, I procrastinated for a while before even leaving the house the first time. For some reason, I felt anxious when I was halfway to the bus stop, and felt I couldn't walk anymore. I turned around and went back home, intending to just stay there. But then I heard a distinct SQUEAK, so figured I should at least get out of here. I turned out to be officially one hour "late," but I didn't care as long as it reduced my time around my parents. When Mom started in on her typical "this is what you need to do when we're away, RIGHT NOW!" thing, it overwhelmed me... at least she gave me a key to the place! Auntie Teresa drove me to the seniors' community centre located a bit away from the Steveston Community Centre, and then back for dinner... yes, I needed the five minutes more! As long as I'm at the house on the 13th and leave by the evening of the 20th, it should be fine. Note to self: tell Eric and Henry about it in a couple of weeks because it affects my rides. I still remember that Eric understood the word "jie" in Chinese ("boy"), but not "gwei" ... hahaha, it's all good for White Man #1! (a few months ago, I was telling Grandma - while on the phone with Eric - that Eric would pick us up the next day for church at a certain time, and Eric wondered what I was saying!)

Dinner was fine, although I did a good job of seeming to be always looking at the clock as if I needed to be somewhere. I didn't, really - other than out of the townhouse! I said hi to Grandma and Pastor Fulton, of course. When I was done, Mom wondered if I wanted more to eat... this is where pre-eating comes in handy, so I don't have to spend a lot of time with her! Then she said "See you Sunday!" - I hope NOT! Pastor Fulton wanted to know if I needed a ride home, but it would have been kind of rude to insist / demand he get up in the middle of his meal to take me there and back! Mom also gave me two sweaters (which turned out to NOT be my style) and three hangers. Finally got out of there to take the bus to London Drugs, where I bought on-sale Fibre One bars (which I'd wanted to get anyway) / frog stickers for Conor / on-sale Frank's Red Hot sauce / Mango Madness Snapple to consume as soon as I got out of the store, because dinner was a bit greasy. Got home and showered before doing anything else.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home