Thursday, February 25, 2010

Inexpensive glasses frames, and breakfast for dinner - LiveCity Yaletown, too

THIS THING JUST RESTARTED! Went out this afternoon to do some banking, get a spare backscratcher (one for each room!), and have my glasses fixed. Did the banking and Aberdeen Mall stuff without incident (saw a dancing dragon with drumming at the mall!), but I wasn't surprised when I walked the wrong way down the street where the glasses place was. (I'm a ditzy local, not a tourist! :P) Got there just in time to be the last customer of the day; when the technician said that I could get new frames for just $29 as opposed to merely getting the glasses fixed for $20 (could be more sturdy that way), I was all over THAT deal! Heard that Canada's women beat the USA in hockey 2-0 for a gold medal, and also that Joannie Rochette got a bronze - that's pretty good! (poor Rochette's mother died a few days ago, quite suddenly... so much courage!)

Decided I needed coffee, so stopped in at Cambie Café... all-day breakfast (pancakes and sausages) plus refillable Colombian coffee for less than $5 is indeed a score! Read half the paper while I was there, too. Went to the HUGE Save-On Foods nearby just to get some sea salt, which I luckily found by myself since I'd forgotten about it last time I went shopping. After checking out LiveCity Yaletown for about 15 minutes, I was defeated by the two-hour lineup to get into the Coca-Cola House, so just went home. There's something to be said for being part of a massive crowd, even while a little lost. Figured I'd done too much walking to even check out Wintersleep tonight at the O Zone, so maybe I'll check out something tomorrow while I'm out anyway, since I need to get my glasses back. Talked to Kenny briefly, and am now talking to Corey about the Olympics and such.

"I have a cold or something now. :P I do have bubble tea though, which should help. But Jane's aunt (she's taking me to her English class as show and tell, basically, in the mornings when Jane is working) wouldn't let me pay for that... I asked her to help me order it. :P I don't want her paying for dumb things I just want... she bought lunch right before that anyway." He also wants me to force VANOC to play by the original rules - everyone competes NAKED! Hahaha, I don't think that would work! Speaking of being naked, it's time to SHOWER! (and also, I just read a blurb in the paper that said one of the two Olympic villages has run out of condoms)

Edit: Cold days, hot nights: Olympic Village secrets

Sex and the Olympic city (old article, but in keeping with the condom theme :P)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home