Saturday, May 16, 2009

I would have needed to rest A LOT - no forest hiking for me!

Eric called at 8:35, but I was already up. Decided to go to the hiking program since I was awake, although I knew I wouldn't make it all the way. Packed a book, water, Nutella sandwich, Kashi cereal, and yogurt while eating some pasta for my own energy reserves. Eric and I had a random ride to the forest, picking up Cindy on the way. (a sign saying PEE YOUR PANTS, "man dates," pretending to be Dianne's many patients for an exam, and more) Talked to Sheena, Connie, Lesley, Annie, and Christon when we got there about the fireworks / walking / crowds / Dylan - as I thought, I did fall behind. Way behind, really. Connie kept up with me, kindly enough. I could have gone farther, but conserved some strength for the trip back. Stopped right when Tim, Maxine, and their kids Joshua and Keenan came up to us on cool bikes. I saw them when they came back a while later - had some colored Goldfish (available only in the States - I can tell Corey that) while listening to Keenan tell me about a person he saw with THREE dogs! I asked him whether he wanted to have three dogs when he grew up, and he said NO. His older brother Joshua was more enthralled with the people on rollerblades, and Maxine kept pointing out how safe they were! (wrist pads, helmet, elbow pads, AND knee pads!) I should remember to point Steph out to Joshua later, if I see her!

After a while, they left - I can't believe Maxine's niece Lauren is TWELVE now! (she had a competition at Cap College) A bit later, FICUS CHAN came up to me - it's been MORE THAN TWELVE YEARS since I've seen him! We talked for a bit until he had to get back to work at the Seymour Demonstration Forest - the Marr clan, my siblings, his niece Bryony, his sister Tilia being busy with the baby, his sister Mimosa waiting a bit too long to have kids, and more. I should have asked if he had kids, haha. When I told Lesley about this later, she asked whether he had blond hair - no, but I'll always remember the Halloween costume he had one year where he borrowed his mom's clothes and dressed up like a woman! Connie remembered him too, while Annie asked who he was. People wanted to go to Lonsdale Quay later to eat, but Eric / Cindy / I just went home. We had another random ride back, haha. (leaving lights on, plans, Powerpoint, Dianne leaving in late July, opinions, everything being "my fault," baked Old Dutch chips, pecans, gluten-free rice, gelatin-free yogurt, chili sauce on rice, cream of mushroom soup on pasta, and more)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home