Monday, May 11, 2009

I can finally read about Norrell and Strange!

I'm at the library: I was dubious about going out in the rain at first, but it seems to be a bit sunnier now. I borrowed Anne of Windy Poplars (Lucy Maud Montgomery), Anne's House of Dreams (Lucy Maud Montgomery), Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell: A Novel (Susanna Clarke) [I've wanted to read this ever since it came out in 2004!], The 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear: being the demibiography of a seagoing bear, with numerous illustrations and excerpts from the "Encyclopaedia of the marvels, life forms, and other phenomena of Zamonia and its environs" by Professor Abdullah Nightling (Walter Moers), Rilla of Ingleside (Lucy Maud Montgomery), and might borrow some more prior to leaving! Found a spare computer (FRANCE), further found that I can't play Wordscraper on it, and then fielded a message from Raymond ABOUT Wordscraper. Seems it's boring and lacks interest for him now, and he thinks it's not the time to play for him - I'll definitely find another Facebook friend to play the game, for sure! It might be a way of saying "I surrender - tired of losing" for him, but I don't really mind.





You Are Rain



You are dark and dramatic. You tend to be a bit over the top.

You have strong emotions, and they can change quickly. You are tempestuous.



You are wild and unpredictable. You tend to overwhelm and surprise people.

While you are aggressive, you are also a homebody. You don't really care for physical activities.



Leslie's just got their Chinese Name. I just got my Chinese Name. It's Xiaozhi Hu.

Leslie just took the Are You A Quiz Addict and is A little Quiz Addict. I am A little Quiz Addict. You are a little bit addicted to quizzes, but in a healthy way; nothing to be worried about. When you start naming your kids after quiz show hosts, then you need to be worried.

Poo nugget for Monday, May 11: Doo You Know? - Stupid Pet Tricks - With a lot of patience and practice, rats can be trained to use a toilet instead of a litter box. There are even reports of cats who have taught themselves. Some cat owners have trained their pets to flush as well, by attaching a toy on a string to the flush handle. This practice can backfire when the cats decide to entertain themselves by flushing the toilet all night long.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home