Friday, March 27, 2009

How can ONE Alaska roll turn into FOUR?!

Went out tonight to meet Billie for dinner, but made a stop at Shoppers Drug Mart to buy two cherry coulis-chili chocolate bars for her and her parents. Read a bit of the ANNE prequel on the bus, which seems pretty good - I should read the other books again! Billie got to Chapters before I did, and we decided to have Japanese food for dinner. I knew there was a Japanese restaurant nearby, but I didn't know it was Fish on Rice's Broadway branch! (I was in the Burnaby one in November 2007) At first, we were undecided whether to have all-you-can-eat or just a menu order, but we chose the latter. ($20.95 for dinner, and adding $1 because it's a Friday?!) Saw things like Oak St. roll, Granville St. roll, Vancouver roll, and Burnaby roll - quite funny!

We had a good time talking about (among other things) the neck and throat as a sexy zone, Korey, her boyfriend Jairus, sushi, people not liking sashimi, stupid comments on her stories (a pound sign is NOT a dollar sign!), sleep, her parents, my family, her friend Austin, how she and her friend Patrick were practically twins, one of her brothers being in Edmonton but wanting to move back due to the fact that it's too cold, and her other brother doing late-night gaming with her... coupled with awkward conversations! At least all the chocolate I've bought this week makes for a MUCH MORE PORTABLE dessert for the Sunday Dinners, haha! Her Persian name's been mangled into all kinds of things, including Vanessa. Korey once thought her name was BANGLADESH! (and one of his friends apparently thought she was EAST INDIAN!)

She says that if she ever wins a random laptop, she'll give it to me: sounds good! We had Dynamite roll, Alaska roll, salmon sashimi, chicken udon with HUGE chicken / mushroom / broccoli pieces, and tea. When we got the bill, we wondered WHY they put FOUR Alaska rolls on there when I had only ordered ONE! They didn't even give us any miso soup which appeared on there, which we HAD ordered. I'm not sure we're going back there again! Still, at least they gave us our leftovers to take home! (I ended up getting them)

We decided to hang out in Chapters for a while; I read a book about useless history (featuring things such as Nero being intimate with his own mother), and Billie read some graphic novel which seemed thick to ME. She assures me that the ones in Japan are much thicker! Eventually, we decided to see if we could bus home... someone gave me her seat on the crowded B-Line. Since I had a lot of leftover sushi, I went to London Drugs (the fourth time in four days!) to buy some Kikkoman soy sauce. The kind with less sodium was more expensive than the regular kind! Saw some iced tea and things there, but figured that since I didn't HAVE to carry heavy items home like I did last summer, I wouldn't. I still remember the feeling of the heavy baskets I carried!

Now I'm home earlier than I would be on a typical Friday, which is good... ten years ago, I would almost NEVER have said that! I also REALLY needed to pee when I got home, and barely managed to hold it in... no, I didn't need to go at the restaurant or bookstore. TMI, I know. :P [Janina asked me about money, and I found the exact same currency exchange site that Korey used to access ALL THE TIME while he was here!]

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home