Friday, February 13, 2009

"WOW! He's like Chloe from 24!"

Eric called at 5:20 to get some "cheap tablecloth" intel (DOLLAR STORE!), and see if I could bring utensils and such as backup. I opted for foam plates / plastic utensils / sturdy plastic cups so I wouldn't have to wash them when I got home. (the church still has no kitchen...) About an hour later, we were in the dollar store looking for tablecloths, which I found. I really didn't care what color we got, but we found six that suited our purposes. The snowbanks were melting outside, which was quite evident. For the rest of the ride (except when he wasn't bugging me about a certain subject which wasn't Wordscraper), Eric tried convincing me that everything was my fault, especially the traffic on Fridays. I told him that he was being illogical! He had wondered about the bag of instant noodles that I'd brought, but I told him that they were for Teunis, who had said he was coming.

Said hi to a bunch of people on the way into the fellowship hall, and I was a bit concerned that Teunis wouldn't be able to find us, but he did. Talked to Janette, Grace, Deb, Cindy, Chrystal, Andrea, Tim, Maxine, Joshua, Keenan, Alan, Annie, and others. Joshua and Keenan both asked me what my flower pin was, so I told them; when I asked Joshua if he liked it, he said no. I should have told him that it was from my grandma, haha. Saw Alan's sister, brother-in-law, and two nephews: the kids were cute, heh. Discussed history, languages, Dutch name origin, South Africa, and more stuff. Once I figured that Teunis was immersed in talking with Tim (and wouldn't need me hovering, heh), I talked to a bunch more people.

Once we had dinner started, Raymond said he wanted to sit where I was, so that was quite doable. When Melia and Vanessa heard about what Teunis does for a living, they were like "WOW! HE'S LIKE CHLOE!!!!" That led to a discussion about Jack Bauer, when Angus wasn't trying to be all manly. I told him that women weren't men's property anymore, and he tried telling me that it wasn't true in his marriage - oh dear. Got to hear a bit about a shooting club in Oahu (where Melia and Angus had been for a trip), and Vanessa told Melia about all the gang shootings that took place while they were away: at least nine of them! Talked about SUQ being a valid word (is it Latin?), jackets, bank robberies, organic wool, warning Cindy against the strong alcoholic tiramisu, the "keg parties" joke, our weeks, meetings, pink stuff, noodles, Bell peppers, tomatoes, Joshua and Keenan hitting various people with yellow balloons ("Uncle Phil likes it more! He's my big brother, like you're Keenan's big brother! Go bug Uncle Alan!"), people having the same kind of utensils as Jeremy's, and more. I hope Jer got all his original things back, heh.

Eric had prepared a COUCH game, but nobody had any interest in it whatsoever. Teunis and I just chatted about stuff going on his life (the Australia fires, drama, and other things I won't mention), and the Open House. If Jordan and Kaili want to come, they certainly can! Phil and a group of Alan's friends went to see the sanctuary, so I asked Teunis if he'd like to see it too. (might as well grab the opportunity) Raymond came along too, only because he was discussing security and such with Teunis at the time. I talked a bit to Alan's friends, and garnered a classic Alan line about sharing himself with Tracy, oh dear. (no, not a Sean-like line, although we did also discuss HIS singing and dancing talent!) Talked about wedding tickers, special occasions, cute koalas, bread, chicken, potatoes, hard times, arson, and more with the girls and others when I got back to the fellowship hall. (it was nice to see Annie there!)

Said hi to Chuck, whom I will not be seeing next week at the Osoyoos retreat - says it's still snowing up there. Talked to Connie, Lesley, Martin, Nathan, Annie, and others about exercises before most people cleared out. Teunis tried helping Stanley's mom with a lot of chairs, but even Vivian's Chinese wasn't up to the task - it's okay, since mine wouldn't have been either. I should have asked Raymond, dammit! (if he can read Chinese well enough to sing a hymn in the language...) Stanley was subtly trying to kick us out, so we kinda took the hint and left the hall alone after we finished cleaning up. Bid farewell to Isabel, Sonya, Lucas, and Joey also. Raymond told me that Teunis was interesting, so I told him to add the guy to Facebook, hahaha. (told Nathan that too!)

Discussed Jordan's sword collection, got an invite to go sword-shopping (Eric told Teunis not to let me BUY anything!), and generally had fun. On the way home, Eric said that heads would roll if I bought a sword, and wanted me to admit that I wanted a certain person to die. As if! We encountered a rude jabronie who parked RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of the available gas tanks at the cheap station (91.9 versus 96.4?), so we had to wait for someone else in the other "lane" to finish. Eric noticed that the Dairy Queen we'd been to on Halloween was in the process of being boarded up, and again jokingly blamed everything (like the downturn of the economy) on me - YEAH RIGHT! At least he didn't try to blame the Canucks' 2-1 loss to Dallas on me! I associated MARIO music with death, went crazy since I had to get "DIE DIE DIE" out of my system, and correctly figured that Eric would be playing at least some WOW tomorrow. Good times, haha!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home