Sunday, January 18, 2009

"Ma'am, your kid is a SNOT FACTORY!"

High-scoring words of the afternoon so far:

COVALENT (178 points) - against Anna Marie D. [4W, 2W]
ZADDIK (153 points) - against Greta C. [5W; hook off OWE to make OWED]
HAAFS (325 points) - against Ruth-Ann W. [two 5W]
KAPHS (111 points) - against Jennifer H. [3W; 3L on K and P]

Interesting racks of the afternoon so far: BANDYNAN (against Becky O.)


On the way over to church, both Jon and I attempted to get some rest. He asked me about Facebook additions (I don't talk to that person anymore, so I don't know what's up!), and we decided we'd confirm plans later. At church, I made a beeline for Hannah since I saw someone else, and talked to her about stuff - I know she's homeschooled, so no worries! Said hi to Priscilla while I was waiting for someone to come back from the washroom. Saw Raymond in his great white sweater, and we picked up a copy of the annual report - the only problem was that it was the green version in Chinese, which neither of us could read! Instead, we picked up yellow English versions - much better, haha. It was good to sit by him and share stuff like the Bible, our later plans, Dine Out Vancouver, Missions Fest, seeing Terry, ZAS being a word (YOU put it down, buddy... NOT I! :P), and things like that. Yay for regular seatmates who are actually competent, heh. I assured Connie that I'd taken care of her stuff, so we'll see what happens with it.

Said hi to Richie later, and got drawn into a discussion with the new girl Annie about stuff - it's good to have new blood around, haha. Also updated Alan on stuff and cool stories before interacting with the various kids around the food in the fellowship hall. Stanford asked Keenan what his name was, and how old he was - he's not FOUR, and the name isn't Kenyon! (wouldn't be surprised if there ARE four-year-olds with that name running around... bleck!) Calla told Maxine that her brother learned to crawl really quickly since he wanted to keep up with her: seems like Keenan is learning to walk and run really quickly for much the same reason! (I bugged Eric - and confirmed plans before running off - about being a monster around the kids, especially when Keenan hid behind his mom!) Snacked on stuff: Grace and I agree that it's good we have refreshments since we're hungry after service! Talked to Cindy about Steph's work and things like that: you really do have to keep her schedule straight in your head, haha! Jonathan and Olivia also wanted to take the chips and salsa up to Sunday School, and asked me if they could - sure, why not. The Buffalo Wings chips still tasted good for being four days out of date, haha.

Audrey and I later talked about how there were so many babies and toddlers around, plus the multitude of weddings coming up this summer and next year probably too. "People, stop getting married and having kids! We can't keep up!!!" I told her about this friend of K's who had something like six kids by the time she was 28 or so - my sister had had this CLASSIC look on her face when I told her about it, haha! ("WHAT?! *shock and disbelief to the MAX* OH MAN.") Audrey also thought that was a bit excessive, and it reminded her of the woman who had multiple multiples, and was in Guinness for having a LOT of kids - I don't know how they managed, either! Always good to talk to her, haha!

Went to Sunday School after saying hi to Hien, where we actually had kids! Of course I remember Watson, Amanda, Arthur (so cute with Lego!), Jason (he kept crying a LOT!), and Annie's son Ewan - he wanted to be with his grandpa Darius, so of course we let him be. Watson actually talked to me today about how he was with "Big Brother" David, and how Auntie Ping wasn't at church - it's fine that I can understand him now! Good thing we have things for the slippery floor - we kept Ewan occupied as he liked interlocking the various "puzzle pieces," heh. (He only understands English, which is FINE BY ME! I don't understand whatever dialect Jason speaks, but I can muddle along in Cantonese - not so much Mandarin!) This was the first time I'd ever seen Eric and Arthur's dad; Auntie Fonda told him that Arthur and I were good friends. Hey, he is a cute kid!

Afterwards, I fielded Cindy's inquiry as to whether Sean was in our classroom - nope! Went downstairs to talk to Jeremy, Jon, Dylan, Nathan, Christon, Karen, Acer, Calla, Danielle, Mike K., Lucas, Sonya, Ivan, Sam, and more people: congee, being sick, alternative wedding scenarios and songs, Billy and Stella's wedding, going downtown and buying ingredients for tonight's dinner, and more. Dylan wanted to know if Acer got the iPhone application - OH NO, haha. After some discussion, I decided to go with my parents for a dim sum lunch at some restaurant called COME ALONG in English, haha. (they discussed such lovely topics as kidney stones and being bitten at work... with their friends!) Jon had apparently been at a house party at Tim and Olive's yesterday - too much consumption of certain things means he'll have to ramp up eating veggies! It's not going to help if I bring ice cream, but it'll bring costs down. ;)

One memorable menu item: BEEF POTTY WITH VEGETABLES. Um, no thanks! I didn't like the eggplant either, so never had any!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home