Saturday, January 17, 2009

We don't have to stay in the parkade forever, Ian!

High-scoring words of the night so far:

JETES (234 points; two 3W, 2L on J), FARINA (160 points; two 4W) - against Christina C.
BUDGETS (205 points) - against Leeanne K. [5W, 2W, hook on EURO to make BO]

Interesting rack of the night: NAYTUXES (against Tammy S.)


Henry picked me up before 3:30, and we were off with Chuck Swindoll and Daniel for accompaniment. The parkade was open, so we used that. Saw an assortment of snacks, but Auntie Vivian went out to buy $100 more: yay, butterfly pastries! Said hi to Tim, Maxine, and the other parents - Keenan was so cute, haha. Was actually kept a bit busy by William, Eric, Andrew, Danny, Chris, and other people - we wondered why Lanie had an umbrella and was wearing a garbage man. Henry answered that one: Emily was telling the kids about Noah and the Flood, but he wanted her to spice it up a bit by referencing blood up to horses' bridles for 200 miles! I don't know if that's appropriate for kids... then again, he was trying to guilt me into buying more raffle tickets. Nah, I did it last week - ask my brother yourself! (he tried getting Zoe to buy some even though she's only 11: she'd go to the mall with $1000, we're sure!) He told us that Eric had no heart and was like the Grinch since HE wouldn't buy any, either! Haha, oh dear. (Chris put an arm around me while asking if we had something - I actually have no idea! I have to invite his mom Fonda to Facebook, so I'll do it now while I remember!)

William, Zoe, Sarah, Henry, Emily, Tina, and I all spent time around the chips talking about Pogs / Polly Pocket / hula-hoops being banned in Japan / chewing gum being gross and spreading disease / clothes not lasting / buying things which are an investment / Chinese New Year themes / Ox. I spent time talking to Tim and Maxine about Jon getting married, and Steph's new job. Interacted with Olivia, her cousin Ian, Joshua, and Keenan: they're so cute, and understand what you're saying now! I had grapes, Lays BBQ chips (SO GOOD!), three of the aforementioned butterfly pastries (I never have them!), Rice Krispie Squares, two bottles of water, and some other stuff. Gotta see if Henry can give me a ride home next week due to Ada's Chinese New Year dinner - they made reservations ALREADY?! Whoa. There were these two new kids with a last name very similar to white Eric's: Hunter and Spencer, and the I is replaced with an E. Oh dear.

Ian, on staying at the church longer than expected: "Mommy, are we going to stay here forever?"
Ian, on his brother Sean: "Hannah said I should put lipstick on him! But I think I'll eat his head off instead."
Ian, on the parkade being closed: "Will we have to live here forever?" (luckily for us, there was a sensor which activated when we were near the door!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home