Saturday, January 17, 2009

Dreams of gluing goldfish and Pete Tong / Enemas!

Bingo of the day so far:

CORRASION (72 points) - against Leeanne K.


High-scoring words of the day so far:

VEENA (100 points) - against Matthew F. [5W, 2W]
UNSOCIAL (125 points) - against Kelly T. [5W]
FORCE (140 points) - against Chelsea V. [5W, 2W]

Interesting rack of the day: LIUSCOIN (against Kelly T. - read that as "Liu's coin")


I had a weird dream which involved my logging into a message board, and finding out that Candy was going to visit Burnaby. She let us know through colorful photos featuring an adorable little girl on a swing set. Since that was near where I was, I insisted that she keep me up to date on things as they progressed. Her husband George was going to be working in a thrift shop with blue curtains and blue drapes for the tables, so he let me know that I was welcome there anytime.

As the date approached, Erin wanted me to do a personal favor for her, and appear in pictures. That I could do, so off I went to her house. My parents said they had a few goldfish for me, but they wanted me to super-glue one of them to a piece of construction paper for the picture first. Understandably, I was concerned because the fish might not LIVE - even if those variety of goldfish didn't live very long anyhow. (think the ones that kids get as prizes at fairs, in plastic bags)

My premonition proved right: after the series of photos were taken, the goldfish's eyes had popped out and it was rigid in its position on the paper... and this wasn't just because of the glue! I somehow wanted it to live, but knew it wasn't possible. My dad at last responded to the pleading desperation given to him by almost everyone around: he took the goldfish away, put it in VERY hot water, and it was a miracle! The fish was alive again! Erin and I promptly took everything over to the thrift shop, where IT'S ALL GONE NOW PETE TONG was playing on the overhead TV. We actually got to MEET Pete Tong as well, which was an added bonus. Candy and George were very impressed, and that's where the dream ended. Interesting!


Poo nugget for this weekend: Enemas - The act of instilling substances (usually water) into the rectum has been around for centuries. Historically known as "clysters," enemas were the preferred treatment of the bourgeoisie for a wide variety of gastrointestinal ailments. The medical history books are filled with examples of unusual uses and types of enemas. Lest you think that these practices were a thing of the past... enemas consisting of coffee, alcohol, and even milk and honey are used today. They are believed to have beneficial effects on colonic health.

I remember reading about enemas recently - certainly very fascinating! :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home