Saturday, May 03, 2008

Tunnels would make great personal tents!

I forgot to relate this yesterday: people know that Pastor John and Karmie's anniversary is May 4 because of "May the 4th Be With You!" Also, we told Johnny what "playing hooky" meant since he didn't know - skipping out on important responsibilities! Dylan knew there was a young widow at church whose husband died of cancer: the church made sure that Michelle got a job, all right! Steph loved "THE LIST of widows over 60 who won't give in to their sensual desires," haha... even if she did sound a tad bitter over being the "responsible" one in the family! :P

Turns out Henry and I were even later to Awana than last week, but I didn't realize my phone was off the hook after I'd placed a quick call to Steph earlier. Of course, I apologized before I asked if he'd ever been to a bubble tea place called Twinkle. His opinion is that the place isn't very good, although it seemed full on Wednesday night at 11 when Jon / Dallas / I went. All those places can't be busy at the same time, to be sure. Just as we got to church, I asked how his dinner with Joe had been last week: he thought I'd said "General" for some reason. I know I talk quickly at times, yikes! He said that he'd had STEAK - yup, it's a guy thing! Then he wondered what girls would have: for people like me and my sister, we'd have steak for the protein and iron! But for the stereotypical girl, probably salad and water. Not much protein there, I agree!

Talked to Eric T. about his recent grad recital: glad to hear it went well. Discussed stuff with Chrystal, Margaret, Amos, Andrew, Hilary, and Golden about the tunnels / bouncy balls / Awana store merchandise / boomerangs / tables / communication and concern / upset / personal tents for Timothy camp ("nobody will kick you in your sleep!") / combs / pencils / other things. The ride home was filled with Ian's imagination: crackers, "Sean - look!", underwear, hitting himself over the head, superstars, grocery stores, Superstore, tag, making his brother touch his (Ian's) butt, switching lights on and off, McDonalds, swimming, sleeping, copying, and more of the same. Got home and talked to Eric H., Corey, and Z about the day / error messages in Winamp / Lego churches / more.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home