Sunday, April 27, 2008

I'm jealous of engaged people, but appreciative of quiet ones!

Bingos of the day so far:

BREVETS (74 points) - against Raymond
TANGIBLE (60 points) - against Pat K.
UNSUITED (68 points) - against Barb A.


This morning, I overheard Jon talking to Harmony on the phone about cooking and such. She wanted to just use a spice mix for some soup, but Jon wanted her to just use dried herbs such as thyme and oregano and basil. "That's like making pizza with tomato, cheese, and other things which won't go well together! The story Jeremy always tells is how his mom didn't know how to cook when she got married, but now she knows how to prepare a lot of dishes really well! If you overbuy like I do sometimes, give the three pounds of oranges (BEFORE THEY ROT!) to homeless people - they'll appreciate it!" I had to correct a grammar error on his prayer paper: "hear our prayers" is MUCH better than "here" as an alternative! :P

When we got to church, I talked to Mei Lin (Julie M. and exams) / Angus (dislocated shoulder?) / Cordia ("Hien's a short bean!") / Uncle Hansel (finishing a thesis!) / Audrey / Rich ("Natalie always wants candy from me!") / Stanley ("Look at my black and white mix-and-match checkered shoes from two pairs!") and others. Waved to Eric T., Chris, and Sabrina on my way into service, and sat by Raymond and Jeremy. Martin discussed a Benjamin Fellowship committee meeting that afternoon, and Jon invited Raymond to the Darfur rally at the same time. Jeremy told me that he'd been sleeping on Friday - seems the poor guy didn't get enough sleep this past week, but I'm not surprised!

Raymond told me about the videos he saw of Chrystal's surprise party, that dessert party Calla hosted, the surprise birthday dinner for Chuck yesterday... and if that weren't enough, Jen told me about the bridal shower for Elaine yesterday. I wish I were invited out to these things, but then I'm kinda jealous since I know I won't have them. At least Raymond got my Scrabble group invite, and joined... he also said David ate some chalk and lime juice mixed together, with no apparent problems afterward. Oh, kids with iron stomachs! Raymond also said that he'd had one bite of a SUICIDE HOT WING last night, and had to down three glasses of water to get rid of the HOT FIRE! Yikes! He liked my DRAGON hat, and it reminded him to thank me for the dragon egg on Facebook - the eggs and flowers are popular! (Danielle thanked me for a breakfast one a while back, saying it was SO ADORABLE! I should send one to Sara with a note about salsa, hehe)

We laughed at Phil's description of a friend: "She emailed us to say she was dating, then three weeks later to say she was engaged, and now she's having a baby a few months after her wedding!" Said hi to Tony / Eunice / Stella in the back parking lot, and expressed surprise that Ricky was back - he's going to be in Hong Kong for the foreseeable future! Isabel wondered to me about the rain, since yesterday was actually nice - later, we joined Jon and Julie S. as they were talking about last week's 4/20 marijuana rally at the Art Gallery. Julie's dad would be wondering why his daughter was mixed up in this stuff, haha. As I told Jen about how free I felt (while she wondered where Dawn could be), we commiserated about living 24/7 with someone. No matter how much you love them, they'll eventually drive you nuts! Jeremy was just standing there listening quietly - I appreciated that! Noticed that he had a mini Ziploc bag as protection for his cell phone: NICE!

Jon then verbally invited a group of us to a dinner at Jen's house next week - "Hey, White Guy #1 and White Guy #2! Are you free?" Hahaha, I hope Raymond shows up too! It's been AGES since Auntie Beatrice invited us.... like, August 2006? Later, Jon told Sheena and Chalaine that he and Christon were recruiting people to cook for the Sunday Dinners: "We don't require Zagat ratings or Michelin stars! Just enthusiasm! Chalaine, you don't look very enthusiastic about this venture..." I told Jeremy and Eric that they'd confuse my grandma: Bearded Man has none, while White Kid has a pretty fair one going on! Jeremy laughed, and mused about the wood fire smell that was wafting over us: I just commented that it made me hungrier than usual, heh. Kevin and I talked about Earth Day celebrations / blackbirds / the environment before everyone migrated to Sunday School. Jen put on some lip balm a few minutes before this, and Jeremy commented that it smelled like menthol - that was my own reminder to put mine on when I got to the toddler Sunday School, haha.

Amanda asked what I was writing... just reminders! The extent of my interaction with other (little) kids in the basement was my giving Pretz sticks to Johnny and little Sean ("yes or no?"), waving to William, and keeping Sean near his parents! I went to Pho with my family and had #21 - chicken and quail for a change! Got home at 2, which is cool - parents are going to a travel seminar! Auntie Anna referred to me as her "choir daughter," which is true enough - I remember those days in the adult choir years ago! (saw Auntie Candy too) Pastor John, Chung, Sarah, Emily L., Julie S., Cordia, and Sam are going to Hong Kong from July 15 to Aug. 6 for a short-term missions trip. Phil, Jon, Raymond, Cindy, Lesley, Joey, and Grace are to stay here to do Urban Promise from July 27 to Aug. 1 - should be interesting!


Edit: Hey, I got an Evite for next week's dinner! Sweet!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home