Saturday, April 26, 2008

You should totally join the Scrabble group!

Bingo from the time I got home tonight:

GATHERED (65 points) - against Christa D.


Eric and I met each other at what he calls my second-favorite intersection, and proceeded to discuss Pho / interviews / gas prices breaking 130.2 / Scrabble / opinions / friendship. I went to Pho, and ordered my usual plus a change for Eric - #36 with chicken it was! Jen, Dawn, and Karen joined me later - we discussed LAGUNA BEACH, THE O.C., wives, material goods, guys getting irritated when they eat, guys' appetite for food, Eni and Bogart's, Albanian things, birthday celebrations, speeches, interviews, Jen / Karen / Chung / Chuck / Teresa / Calla / Johnny / Andrea, Vivian, France, England, alkie jokes, the newly laminated Pho menus (takeout orders are now fifty cents extra), laptops for grandparents, ping-pong, and other things. It was pretty good talking to them!

Got to church and took attendance while dropping Eric's change near his stuff. Did birthday speeches, which went pretty well - Karen's speech about Andrea and crying made us laugh, but I could see Dylan rolling his eyes just a bit. She is the Blasting Simperer of earlier days, and I can understand... but she's a loyal friend! Talked to Raymond, Kevin, a new guy (Johan), Andrea's friend Sunshine (Teresa: "Oh, Andrea... you brought a white person!"), and Martin about the crust and the crazy amount of fruit on the cake from Sweet Obsessions, liking my blue hat with flowers on it, my being very good at Scrabulous (group invite!), Speed Racer, words, tiles, online dictionaries, misguided thinking, Benjamin Fellowship science experiments involving no explosions, and more.

The Bible Study was on friendship, and I found it helpful in knowing whom to avoid. Later, I talked to Stanley about his not eating for eight hours (reunion concerts!) / baked Ruffles chips before Andrea took me aside to thank me for organizing stuff. Hey, it's not a problem! Eric and I had a rare ride home with just the two of us: discussed listening to him, Ultimate, the ugfart, knowledge, and other stuff. Pretty good times!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home