Saturday, April 26, 2008

"I have lots of dehydrated people at my house!"

Bingos since I got home:

DOWSABEL (68 points) - against Ruth C.
FLATWISE (68 points), EXPLODED (65 points) - against Tara K. in the same game
MANTRAPS (63 points), DISPUTED (86 points) - against Audrey O. in the same game
BIFACIALS (78 points) - against Ryan L.
STAINED (70 points) - against Guy M.

I also played ROAR off ROARER, which is a word I made earlier in a game against Cynthia L. That's too quirky! :D


Henry picked me up, and said he'd had a quesadilla with sausage, green peppers, bacon, and much more for lunch, plus a leftover pork chop. I remarked that it sounded like quite the lunch, and said that someone I knew could consume two bowls of noodles / one bowl of cereal / quite a few pickles and STILL say he was hungry after only an hour or two! He laughed and said that it was par for the course if you were a guy, and even HE could do it! I'm sure you can, my friend.... then I noticed some Christmas music on his stereo. I was just about to say something when he beat me to the punch: "You're probably wondering why I'm playing Christmas music. It's on random / shuffle right now, and we can still have it in spring!" True, and it didn't really want to make me stab someone THIS time.... possibly because the first song didn't even sound all that Christmassy. :P (but the next was a variation on HARK THE HERALD) We also wondered about those big blue boxy vans which were too popular in Henry's opinion, and about why I was so tired - carbs, lack of energy, or not enough sleep? Maybe...

Got to Awana the latest we've been in some time (he picked me up at 3:45) - we could tell since the flag ceremony was almost over! I talked to Melia, Andrew, Chrystal, Amos, and Golden about Jordan saying the F-word to Andrew (NOT AT CHURCH!) / engagement photo sessions / the Fellowship birthday card / Amos' being sick / work experience hours / summer school / the Sun Run / my sister's experience at the run / a big tin of butter cookies in the kitchen. Since I had nothing better to do, I went to see this tin that had mysteriously appeared... I even took a few cookies for immediate consumption. When Jessica, Mary, Margaret, and Sylver took these tunnels out, people had fun with them! (Mike, Margaret, and Golden went inside them before the Cubbies came out for Game Time) Margaret asked Hilary for some gum - she didn't have any, but I had a Ziploc bag full of it! We couldn't tell the Juicy Fruit from the Excel, but it was okay.

Henry said that he had a dinner with Pastor Joe, and Auntie Rebecca was arranging a ride for me - it turned out to be Michelle, which was cool. The kids had fun with their kazoos, the LIVING ETERNALLY song, and such. On the way home while discussing whether purple and pink were "girl colors" (Eric has a white kazoo and Heyman has a green one - there were yellow and blue ones also), Ethan had a pee-scare: he quickly cried when his mom was telling someone on her phone about what happened! Teresa had seen the car on the side of the road near the Nature Park, and asked if she needed help since she thought there was something wrong!

Ryan figured his brother couldn't pee very near a ditch, and Michelle said that people would see you everywhere even if you think they wouldn't. (if you're a girl, you can pee in your pants if you're too shy / embarrassed to say something!) As for Ryan, he was dehydrated - a big word when you're almost eight! He wanted us to go to his house because there were a lot of "dishydrated" people there, haha. Then he wanted pocket money because his friend Tiffany (a year older than he is) has some, but it wouldn't be his till middle school - a LONG time to him! I was surprised when the kids mentioned opening Christmas presents, but their mom only lets them open a few at the holiday - spreading it out through the year is probably good practice!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home