Monday, June 25, 2007

Trevor Cox / Harvey Fehr photo / Seven Seas Free Viva Italian Fat-Free Dressing

Forgot to mention that I saw my old friend Trevor Cox yesterday while I was out shopping - of course I remembered who he was! Pity we couldn't talk long since my taxi had arrived and was looking for me, heh. I remember meeting him in the PJs program at the Presbyterian Church, and we knew each other through that for a few years. Imagine my surprise when he was at my high school - we were even in the same Socials 11 class! Ah, good times... holding hands in a prayer circle, graduation with Leni in Gr. 12, fun with kids at church, etc. So good to see him, haha.

Last night, my dad emailed me a picture that Samantha and Rosanna's dad took of me with the BC Awana missionary Harvey Fehr after I got my seven-year pin. Don't know why Dad spelled my name wrong on the email, though... he should know how it's spelled, UGH! Heard that Steph gets back tonight at 11, but I won't be there to see her since I really don't feel like staying overnight even in Grandma's room! Besides, I have stuff to take care of over here and a question to ask Eric about helping him with something. ;)


A picture of me with Harvey Fehr:




Seven Seas Free Viva Italian Fat-Free Dressing

Seven Seas dressings were first introduced by Anderson Clayton Foods back in 1964, when the trend toward fat-free foods was in its infancy. Kraft Foods later picked up the brand, and Seven Seas today ranks number four in sales of salad dressings in the United States. Here's our special technique to creating a delicious clone of Seven Seas spice-filled fat-free Italian dressing straight out of the latest TSR low-fat cookbook, using a secret combination of water, cornstarch and gelatin where the fat used to be.

1 1/3 cups water
1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon finely minced red bell pepper
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon gelatin
1/2 cup white vinegar
1 teaspoon dry nonfat buttermilk

1. Combine water, sugar, cornstarch, salt, onion, garlic, bell pepper, Italian seasoning, and gelatin in a small saucepan. Whisk to dissolve cornstarch, then set pan over medium / low heat.
2. Heat mixture until boiling, stirring often. When mixture begins to boil, cook for 1 additional minute, stirring constantly, then remove from heat.
3. Add vinegar and dry buttermilk to saucepan and stir. Transfer dressing to a covered container and refrigerate - preferably overnight - before serving. Makes 1 1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts
Serving size – 2 tablespoons
Total servings – 12
Fat (per serving) – 0g
Calories (per serving) – 10

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home