Wednesday, March 14, 2007

They're both engaged at the same time?! Whoa!

I changed my mind about not attending the dinner at the townhouse with Erin - I figured it would be a good chance to see her! When she and Steph picked me up, they were ignoring me in favor of discussing how Phil and Grace wanted to plan their wedding for June of THIS YEAR! (but we did say hi and exchange greetings...) She gets here in May, and what makes them think they can plan one in a month?! Crazy people... until they got engaged, all the messages on Phil's Facebook were from Grace saying stuff like "I love you, sweetie!"

When we got to the townhouse, we discussed dinner for a bit before Jon got home. He had a no-meat plate, so I explained to Erin that he was Lenting meat this year. I asked Jon if the family luncheon I'd heard about from Uncle Daniel was on Easter afternoon: thank goodness it isn't, otherwise I'd die by 2 PM or so! (that Sunrise Service starts EARLY... and I'd probably feel obligated to go to that lunch since Jon's discussing his pastoral vision for the ESC) He confirmed that Angus and Melia are also engaged, having entered that happy state on Friday night. (and I thought Mike was joking on Sunday when he told Angus to collect his fiancée so he and Emily could go have lunch with them!) Lots of people getting married, and now it's the younger set... first one in Steph's crowd, for sure! (and it won't be like someone else and her ex, heh) That means both siblings got engaged within three weeks of each other exactly.. whoa!

Discussed Erin's work with L'Arche in Ottawa - she and a few other workers live with developmentally disabled people in a huge house, and are responsible for every aspect of the people's daily lives! (mega-grocery shopping, bathing, TV, cleaning, etc.) At least she got some days off to attend Chung's wedding / see friends and family! Thank goodness her mom is doing okay from that ruptured appendix a while ago, too... but Erin's parents aren't going to Chung's banquet even though they were invited since her dad just had mouth surgery. THAT would be a FUN banquet where you can't really eat anything, NOT! My grandma's not invited to the banquet, so maybe she can spend some time at Auntie Paula's instead: they might like that, and it's better than sitting at home alone when you're paranoid about stuff! (when Erin said "grandma" in Chinese referring to her own grandma, my grandma thought she was talking about her.. nope, just Paula!)

We talked about the people planning stuff for Chung's wedding on Saturday: there's a rehearsal tomorrow sometime, and Vernon / Sarah / Winter Conference people are on the music team with the ugfart! Steph's supposed to be there at 8 AM on Saturday to help with the food, but she'll be as late as possible since Dad's dropping her off at 8:30 - Anita, Citrus, Danielle, and Dylan will be there also. She can pretty much imagine how that's going to go with certain comments... ugh! I got Steph to sign Chung and Karen's wedding card, along with birthday cards for Julie / Maxine / Sophia. She'll have to get Jon to sign the April birthday cards before April, hopefully! Let's say our grandma was NOT impressed with certain sound effects, haha. (but we did discuss how certain people think like us and make poop jokes - my brother wouldn't want to eat stuff I cook, heh)

Steph said that Darren / Joey / Isabel and their set of friends were kinda grossed out when she told them not to wait for her during a recent prayer meeting - she doesn't care what JON thinks either, haha! Speaking of Jon, he says he liked what Eric said in a recent email exchange: "Based on the number of death threats the recipients of this email have received from you, I'm not sure how we can be considered friends in good standing." So of course I had to respond to that, after revising my search parameters to include quotation marks and the plural. (well, Jon included the plural) I just told them all that the (joking!) death threat thing was par for the course, and Eric should know that by now!

Before Erin left to meet up with Phil Chang for her camera tutorial, we discussed Phil Chang and how his dad had died of cancer when he was probably not even 40 yet. That's terrible! =/ Maybe his mom remarried, though - according to Erin, Phil's always talking about how he goes over to his parents' for dinner every day. (not just "my mom's place") He doesn't attend our church anymore since he didn't feel like he belonged, which is understandable. I'll always remember that prayer meeting where he said that an intern at his workplace had DIED WHILE TAKING A SHOWER! (this guy was like 25 or so) Before Steph and I left with our parents since they were running / walking in Minoru Park, we said hi to Harmony via shouted messages to Jon. Her middle initial wouldn't work in certain contexts, hahaha.

Now Eric is messaging me about stuff like Frances' Bible Study group, my blog, stuff cluttering his inbox, random hockey players' names (Kolzig, Johnson, Sabourin, etc.), and mock commercials in Victoria. He also has questions regarding someone's truck - it's not whose you THINK it is, dude! Yes, the person in question wants a road trip - speaking of, I mentioned it to my sister. She didn't say much about it, heh. Word to the wise: a "buttload" of something (in this case, chocolate) doesn't mean that they make suppositories out of it! I also know that a certain dinner is like ten weeks away, but it's all good! (I wonder about certain things, still...) He asked if I'd tried suudsu - I TOLD YOU WHEN I DID! :P Suudsu = gummi bears and milk, which he'd invite certain people over for if he could eat that stuff. Might not personally be pure genius, but it's quirky! (and I'm all about the quirkiness... HE knows that, to be sure!)

Oh, NOW he tells me that all the hockey players' names were goalies! (something about texture for hockey gear in hockey gaming) Wonders if I have a routine - hey, I shower at 11:30 because I feel like it! Thank goodness he avoided seeing spoilers for a certain TV show since he stopped reading before anything entered his brain - he thought it was real for a second, then "JACK BAUER" registered with him... "ACK! MUST STOP READING NOW!" I don't have any kegs, and he knows it: of course, I went "grammar Nazi" on him for a simple error that is unfortunately too commonplace. He knows how I am, even if it IS only 75% knowledge! One of the questions he got right was on what annoyed me the most: spelling and grammar errors! If he DIDN'T get that one correct, I'd wonder why he called me a vindictive grammar Nazi once, heh. Good times!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home