Saturday, March 03, 2007

Mondo amounts of Vitamin C, vampirism, car prayers

What is the point of having coupons on the other side of the label, Chunky Soup? By the time you get the label off, it's all ripped up anyhow! (or it is if you're a klutz like me... :P) But hey, this Tropicana orange juice has 120% the recommended daily amount of Vitamin C, so that's gotta be good for fighting this cold, no matter how gross my sister thinks it is!

Technically, I shouldn't even go to Awana this afternoon / the toddler Sunday School tomorrow if I'm the least bit sick. But I've missed so much already due to that bus tour, no rides, and other reasons that I'll feel bad if I don't go. (even if nobody will say anything because hey, I AM NOT WELL!) Let's just hope I don't infect any of the kiddies, haha. I'll just have a Japanese Original Cake (no, really... that's what this bun is called!) with some chicken noodle soup now, and get William to go on a Halls run to 7-11 later. If he's not there, I guess I'll have to deal with it, heh. I say this entitles me to an extra week with the stuff that Auntie Vivian let me borrow last Saturday, haha... definitely didn't feel like reading much!

Checked blogs: Dawn has musings about work, which doesn't permit her to go near windows during the job hours. Oh well, at least you can be a vampire while you're being legitimately productive, har har. (I need some of that, heh) Her laptop is now named Lazarus: fitting, since it always seems to have an extra bit of life in it even after five years. Now I need someone to help me with my computer, heh... Eric, come here! (hahaha... we'll see what happens later on) Spoz has the usual weekender roundup, too.

Vivian practically lives the practicum life (and church on weekends), but at least she has measures of sanity in between all the French stress! Randal has this amusing prayer for his car which name-drops other expensive (I'm assuming) brands like crazy... Lexus! Hyundai! Mercedes! ("Would the car I drive alter my personality?!") I almost thought it would end "Thank you, Lord, for this car... but no thanks for crashing it in the ditch!!!" Maybe that's just me, and I'm being morbid. For the record, I do not wish for such things to happen to my friends. Although something similar DID happen to him with his last car, apparently... yikes!

Were it a few years ago, I'd be going into a LONG paragraph about how thankful I am that the incident "spared his life" (as he himself puts it!), but no. Don't get me wrong, I am... but that's not my style nowadays, not even on Thanksgiving. Speaking of Thanksgiving, I don't wish to remember certain events! (darn that Richmond Crew! :P) He also has stuff about revolutions and politics and world history, but those aren't as paragraph-worthy in my own blog simply because I can't be funny about them! Oh wait, a post about cultural eating manners reminds me of a book I borrowed from the library once. Very interesting, and it's too bad I don't remember what all was in there! It had different cultural manners and what you should NOT do in certain places around the world. What's acceptable in one place may not necessarily be acceptable in another, and may indeed mean something derogatory! Imagine that... so you need to be careful when travelling around the world, kids! ;)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home