Monday, December 19, 2005

Christmas cards, "return to sender," moving, Erik's message board, and stupid mistakes

Getting up in the afternoon is wonderful! I got four Christmas things, and a "return to sender" envelope. Stasia (stasia) sent me a lovely handmade card, plus a handmade bookmark. Ironically, I got back the stuff I'd sent her.. "Return to Sender - Attempted, Not Known, Unable to Forward." I put the right address and postage on there... the post office is weird! Kira (kazulanth) sent me a photo of her guinea pig Adrian and her two-week-old babies. (Wedge, Mona, and Lisa) My Our Place friend Maryann sent me a nice card, and Caitlyn (anas_dance) sent me a total surprise card. Speaking of friends from Our Place... Alyssa, Marie (reebee), and Carol (nutty) got my Christmas cards. :D (Alyssa: "I did get your card and stickers on Friday! Thank you so much! Grace [her daughter] loves them, and I love the postcard! So beautiful! You are so sweet! Thank you, Leslie! Love, Alyssa.")

Oh, and I called Sue at the agency: I'm going to start looking for somewhere else to live in January. She says there are plenty of places to live... guess I'll see, heh. This IS close to the buses and all... but with the situation as it is, I'm not sure what'll happen. Heh, I'm so indecisive... but I know that if the heaters aren't working, and there are many other weird things going on with the management.... the best thing to do is move!

This is what Marie had to say about my card: "I got your card Thursday. Haven't been here at the board for a few days. What a neat idea, sending a postcard!! I like that! I am gonna see if I can find one of where I live and send it to you. Thanks for thinking of me. Marie." Carol seems to like the card I got her and Steve (a cat grabbing at ornaments on a tree... "The last thing most ornaments see"). I thought it would be appropriate since they have five cats, haha! This is what she had to say about it: "Hey Flami! Got your card. How cute is that!! Thanks so much! I think it's the best card this year, for sure! It came Saturday, but I wasn't here and Steve didn't open it. Men are weird.... But he laughed at it once I opened it. Love the postcard too.... I didn't do cards this year.... I just never got my head together enough... sorry... " Glad to know they both liked what I sent 'em... :D

While going around Our Place, I saw a thread where a bunch of us were discussing modifications. It's perfectly clear that we're discussing modifications, yet AnjyB thinks we're discussing moderations... and uses the dreaded "we seen" construct. Her spelling isn't the best by a long shot, either... I've highlighted various examples of such on here in the past. Aiyoh... stupid people amuse me to a point, and then their mistakes get very annoying!



You are The Hermit


Prudence, Caution, Deliberation.


The Hermit points to all things hidden, such as knowledge and inspiration / hidden enemies. The illumination is from within, and retirement from participation in current events.


The Hermit is a card of introspection, analysis, and... well, virginity. You do not desire to socialize; the card indicates, instead, a desire for peace and solitude. You prefer to take the time to think, organize, ruminate, take stock. There may be feelings of frustration and discontent, but these feelings eventually lead to enlightenment, illumination, clarity.


The Hermit represents a wise, inspirational person, friend, teacher, therapist. This is a person who can shine a light on things that were previously mysterious and confusing.


What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home